• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richness or not

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
Now we have picked up an alleged £2m for Freddy, everybody on here seems to be under the impression we have that to spend. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but in Uncle Ron's statement he mentioned he was looking after the interests of SUFC and its SHAREHOLDERS! I don't think that that is a bad thing for a minute but this also dosn't mean that Tilly will have £2m in his coffers. No doubt the Shareholders will get the majority of that. How much of it do you reckon Tilly will get to play with?

to be honest i wouldn't want 2m to spend.. we would only go and blow it.

i would much rather we had about 400-500 to spend on a striker and CB and then the rest went in the bank

Probably unless he desperately wants a player no more than 300-400K for the season.

£750k I'm guessing, maybe also depends on ow the deal is sturctured, e.g. if Wolves are paying the undisclosed £2m up front or in installments.

this also dosn't mean that Tilly will have £2m in his coffers. No doubt the Shareholders will get the majority of that. How much of it do you reckon Tilly will get to play with?

i don't know how much tilly will get but the shareholders won't get any cash from it. The company had 4 million pounds worth of negative reserves in its last set of accounts.

Even if the whole 2 mill was held onto, the club will still need to make another 2 mill before the shareholders will see any cash.

I'd have thought it would be split more or less down the middle with the million retained paying off some debts

It isn't much that we have to spend considering, the value of freddies sale. Sorry, I can't reveal how much it is, because it is private, I'll wait for someone else to spill the beans if they know. someone might have already mentioned a number value that we have to spend though...

id say 600k.. it depends i guess whether Ron thinks the players Tilly wants would be worth spending some cash that the club could otehrwise hold on to.

Im sure Ron is far better at running a football club than myself, so trust that he will do the right thing, and give Tilly what he needs, whereas at the same time keeping shareholders, and creditors sweet.

everyone is in a similar region, i don't think we need much more, because i don't think we will attract many 500k players to our club!?

That's always the trouble with undisclosed fees - the selling club talks up the price, the buying club claims they've paid less and 'got a bargain'.

If Southend rejected a 1.5m bid from Wolves before I doubt they would have accepted this, we can't comment on the fee until someone officially tells us how much we recieved - which is very unlikely.

Perhaps it would be more fair to assume that it is somewhere in between the two prices that have been suggested - £1.75m (?) until or unless it has been officially confirmed?

It depends on the structure od the deal. £1.5m upfront is better than £2m over a period of several years (I can't be bothered to work out how many years makes it beneficial!)

We're not going to know how much it really was so I wouldn't worry too much about it. To be honest, it doesn't really make any difference because it does not increase our buying power significantly given that we don't have the accompanying revenue stream to increase salary budget.

In my opinion it should be possible to expand the size of the squad in the short-term and purchase one, maybe two, players and sustain them until the new stadium dramatically increases our revenue stream.

I suspect though that the deal will probably involve a current payment of £1.5m with contingent payments in the region of £500k and possibly a sell on clause. I think that's reasonable business given the market. I doubt it will be just £1.5m since RM claims to have already turned such an offer down.

Ron Martin wouldnt have folded with Charlton showing interest.

Whatever the actual initial cash cost there are numerous clauses, plus the 25% sell on.

It doesnt really matter either way how its structured, as long as the end result is circa 2 million that'll do.

We arent goint to spend all the money anyway so as long as theres enough for Tilson to spend thats fine.

i don't know how much tilly will get but the shareholders won't get any cash from it. The company had 4 million pounds worth of negative reserves in its last set of accounts.

Even if the whole 2 mill was held onto, the club will still need to make another 2 mill before the shareholders will see any cash.

I'd have thought it would be split more or less down the middle with the million retained paying off some debts

:thump: I don't think he meant the shareholders will receive any cash! He meant that the shareholders own the club and as the club has debts then the money (some/most) will go towards reducing the debt.

Back