• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rick Farrell RIP

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Heard the tragic news last night, that yet another one of great fans ( Rick Farrell ). passed away 2 days ago of the dreaded 'C'.
What makes it worse is that 2 months ago he was out with several of us for a mini reunion in The Elms, & he was fine then.
Rick's been watching the Blues since the mid 60's, was a true 'Leighite' like some of us on here, & for the last 13 odd years worked at Waitrose in Southend.
He came to Plymouth & Tranmere with several of us back in 75, when The Brothers Grimm organised those first 2 day weekend trips, & also hitched it up to Southport & back over the Easter Hols in April 72 with a few others.
Gonna miss you big time good friend. RIP Rick.x

Just seen this. Absolutely gutted. Rick lived in Manchester Drive Leigh on our estate when we were young, just a minute walk from me. So we hung out and shared some good times, even tho he was older. He was always a really nice person, and just a good bloke. He loved Leigh, and was one of the Leigh old boys. He loved football, of course following Southend since the 60s as T said, but in the 70s, he would also go and watch other teams in London. He would tell me of his escapades. I hadn't seen him for years, and we bumped into each other outside the East Stand and had a big hug. We were very happy to see each other. I would then see him in the Far Post Bar now and again every year for ages during half time. Like Tony, I last saw Rick a couple of months ago, and he looked fine. So this is a big shock. Rick, you really will be missed. x

Just seen this. Absolutely gutted. Rick lived in Manchester Drive Leigh on our estate when we were young, just a minute walk from me. So we hung out and shared some good times, even tho he was older. He was always a really nice person, and just a good bloke. He loved Leigh, and was one of the Leigh old boys. He loved football, of course following Southend since the 60s as T said, but in the 70s, he would also go and watch other teams in London. He would tell me of his escapades. I hadn't seen him for years, and we bumped into each other outside the East Stand and had a big hug. We were very happy to see each other. I would then see him in the Far Post Bar now and again every year for ages during half time. Like Tony, I last saw Rick a couple of months ago, and he looked fine. So this is a big shock. Rick, you really will be missed. x
There are some tributes to Rick on facebook .

Bet he did not tell you he liked Palace .

No wonder he kept it quiet!.

Good ol Rick piped up about it when they were in the old 1st Division. Then he told us Malcolm Allison was going to take them near the top, and we took the micky as he took them down. Then he went quiet about Palace as they then dropped into Division 3, again with Malcolm Allison. I never heard him mention Palace after that. I don't know if he stopped going then and just concentrated on Southend?

Back