• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rick Parry: EFL clubs feel victimised by Government’s lack of financial support

I've just seen a tweet that 8 clubs couldn't pay their wages this month so the EFL had to loan them the money, this season needs to be stopped now before 10's of clubs go under

I've just seen a tweet that 8 clubs couldn't pay their wages this month so the EFL had to loan them the money, this season needs to be stopped now before 10's of clubs go under

I hate to say it, I think you're right. It won't be good for staff and players, but it's the only option to save many many clubs going under. I can't see fans returning in big numbers until next season at the earliest.

Victimised, Why?? The premier league offerd efl clubs 50 million and they turned it down.Now im sure ron would be very happy with £694,444.Rick parry should be happy the premier league are offering to do anything at all.

Victimised, Why?? The premier league offerd efl clubs 50 million and they turned it down.Now im sure ron would be very happy with £694,444.Rick parry should be happy the premier league are offering to do anything at all.

It was rejected for very good reason. It was a power grab

I hate to say it, I think you're right. It won't be good for staff and players, but it's the only option to save many many clubs going under. I can't see fans returning in big numbers until next season at the earliest.
I should also say that I hope the clubs that have taken the loans won't be able to sign any players until they have paid the money back, call me cynical but I'd hate for some clubs to make the most of the pandemic to get some sort of advantadge

Just an aside here, what is the difference between this possible non payment and ours?

They get given a loan an we got charged and a suspended points deduction?

Covid sympathy?

Just an aside here, what is the difference between this possible non payment and ours?

They get given a loan an we got charged and a suspended points deduction?

Covid sympathy?

The more I think about it the more I think you're right, the loan should probably come with a points deduction and transfer embargo. The clubs that have used the loan knew that there weren't going to be any fans so should have cut their cloth accordingly. we sit bottom of the league because we are playing a team of youths with an annual wage bill well below the cap, if we can do it with a financially inept chairman other clubs should be able to as well

The more I think about it the more I think you're right, the loan should probably come with a points deduction and transfer embargo. The clubs that have used the loan knew that there weren't going to be any fans so should have cut their cloth accordingly. we sit bottom of the league because we are playing a team of youths with an annual wage bill well below the cap, if we can do it with a financially inept chairman other clubs should be able to as well
Thats something the EFL and PFA should look into .Our club trying its best to do the right thing which could quite possibly end up with us getting relegated whilst others buck the system, dosent seem right in my eyes .

Back