• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
As a few have been saying for several days now..... Rohan Ricketts will NOT be joining.

Thank **** we can now put this sorry saga to bed.

A couple of quotes from Tara Brady via Chris Phillips this morning...

"We won't be signing Rohan and not because of the finances. Paul does not see him fitting into the squad."

"We never made Rohan an offer."

crikey!!! are you on the dole?? Its seems you and only a very few others are that bothered about wether he signs or not!!!!

When youve been watching the SHRIMPERS as long as me and the wife have you will learn to just take pre season as it comes. But at least we can now put closure on 25 pages of will he wont he?? and now another thread!!! (My wife thinks your his agent!!!):winking:

As a few have been saying for several days now..... Rohan Ricketts will NOT be joining.

Thank **** we can now put this sorry saga to bed.

A couple of quotes from Tara Brady via Chris Phillips this morning...

"We won't be signing Rohan and not because of the finances. Paul does not see him fitting into the squad."

"We never made Rohan an offer."

Expect to see the obligatory gurning photo on the OS in the morning then

If I ever see the words 'Ricketts' or 'Paterson' again I think I might spontaneously combust out of sheer boredom.

crikey!!! are you on the dole?? Its seems you and only a very few others are that bothered about wether he signs or not!!!!

When youve been watching the SHRIMPERS as long as me and the wife have you will learn to just take pre season as it comes. But at least we can now put closure on 25 pages of will he wont he?? and now another thread!!! (My wife thinks your his agent!!!):winking:

I have to agree its like the never-ending Tevez/Modric/Fabregas bollocks ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

As I put on twitter, I don't believe he's not signing because he doesn't fit into the squad. If that was the case then why waste time and money taking him to Scotland? I don't care if he signs or not, but if he doens't I do want to be told the real reason why. Or if the real reason in sensitive in any way then say so, but don't give me a very inplausible reason.

As I put on twitter, I don't believe he's not signing because he doesn't fit into the squad. If that was the case then why waste time and money taking him to Scotland? I don't care if he signs or not, but if he doens't I do want to be told the real reason why. Or if the real reason in sensitive in any way then say so, but don't give me a very inplausible reason.

For him to bond and make a effort with the other players.... he the new boy he needs to make an effort!!

everytime I saw him in Scotland he was on his own.

What for? Why does it matter?

Skysports have Ricketts claiming negotiations are ongoing.

Southend trialist Rohan Ricketts says he will only sign for the club providing he receives a fair offer.
The former Tottenham and Wolves winger, 28 has been on trial with the League Two side but will look elsewhere if terms cannot be agreed.

"The negotiations are still ongoing between the chief executive and my agent," Ricketts told BBC Essex.

"It's not about me wanting more than what they can give, it's about a fair offer.

"I'm really hoping we can agree a deal in the next 48 hours or I probably am going to have to speak to other clubs."

So who's telling the truth ?

Was he really good then ? I have to ask as it has had so much talk time on here you would have thought we really were signing Tevez ! Haven't seen the pre season games but happy with the players we have got to be honest. What's this Leonard lad like - He looks like he is coming to play for us rather than talking about gash in local press.
Who is this Ricketts anyway and where are all these clubs ready to sign him ?

For him to bond and make a effort with the other players.... he the new boy he needs to make an effort!!

everytime I saw him in Scotland he was on his own.

This is the key point...it's a team game and irrespective of the RR's individual ability if he isn't team player and/or PS can see difficulties with him fitting in it's not in the team's interest to sign him. You've got to ask why, despite his talent, he's not continued at the higher level. There must be something former managers have seen (or not seen) that have resulted in him moving on. Shame really but the harsh reality is that it's not just about ability with the ball!

Good - there are probably reasons why he's gone from nearly making the full England squad 2 having trials with skint league 2 clubs (us) -one reason might be his football ability if the reports from Scotland are true. In Sturrock we trust

So we are back to square one with the speculation...:hilarious:

I expect this thread to reach 20 pages by tomorrow....You never know he might sign.

What number will Ricketts be when he joins? Want to get it on my shirt.
thanks

What number will Ricketts be when he joins? Want to get it on my shirt.
thanks

Chris Phillips says he definitely is NOT getting the number 18 shirt, and that's the TRUTH.

So I'd guess number 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back