• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Duncan

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Has anyone seen his interview on the Official Site ? .
This guy is absolutely Top Drawer .Our Youth System is in very Safe Hands ,and if you listen to the Ademeno interview ,he gives him a glowing report as well in the way that he's helped him develop .It all sounds very promising for the future as well as there are a few more Youth Players that are coming along nicely and that are ahead of where they should be .As for Ademeno ,I don't think that he will set the World alight next Season as he adjusts to the Professional side of the Club and he is still developing as a Player with so much improvement to come and so much to learn ,but in the Second Year of his Contract ,I think we will see a very Good Striker .

Friend of mine played with him at Cambridge United and gave a glowing report of Adameno. Fast, Powerful, Tricky and not a bad finisher... Can definitely hit the ball when needed.

In his first training session apparently he picked the ball up, took it past 2 defenders and smashed it into the corner of the net and wheeled away as if he done it every week.

Since writing the original post ,Southend under 18's have gone Second in the Puma Young Alliance League after beating Wycombe 1-0 Yesterday with a Steffan Gaisie Goal .I am a bit surprised that there wasn't more Replys by now as I can't remember when our Youth Team have been doing so well as in past Years they have generally struggled and been the whipping boys of the league's that they have played in .This is a big part of our future but has to be cost effective as you need 1 or if you are lucky 2 to come through each Year to make it worthwhile .At the moment things are going great and it is very worthwhile .I know that the post sounds like I know Ricky Duncan personally but I have never met or spoke to him in my life ,I just appreciate the job that he is doing and the way he speaks on Bluesworld he seems Premiership Class to me .The future is very Bright .

It's good to see our youth team are doing so well. At this rate, we won't need to buy any new players for the Championship next season, we'll just use our youths. :D

Nah, but in all honesty, Ricky Duncan seems like a very decent chap and I'd be surprised if he was still with us in a few years to come. He's worked wonders with our youth team - look at it now. A couple of the players have become professionals so heres to Ricky Duncan. Keep up the great work, dude. :)

I really hope this is the start of something good for our Yoofs, for too long our youth system has been merely acting as a feeder club for the Conference South and beyond.

Had a good chat with Ricky Duncan at the sponsors' evening a while back and was very impressed with him. Our youth system - which, frankly, hasn't been much cop in a long time - is suddenly really beginning to produce results, and in Duncan we have the best possible person in charge of it.

Good points well made by 70s North Bank - the future is bright with Ricky D.

:)

Since writing the original post ,Southend under 18's have gone Second in the Puma Young Alliance League after beating Wycombe 1-0 Yesterday with a Steffan Gaisie Goal .I am a bit surprised that there wasn't more Replys by now as I can't remember when our Youth Team have been doing so well as in past Years they have generally struggled and been the whipping boys of the league's that they have played in .This is a big part of our future but has to be cost effective as you need 1 or if you are lucky 2 to come through each Year to make it worthwhile .At the moment things are going great and it is very worthwhile .I know that the post sounds like I know Ricky Duncan personally but I have never met or spoke to him in my life ,I just appreciate the job that he is doing and the way he speaks on Bluesworld he seems Premiership Class to me .The future is very Bright .

I went to school with the bloke for 5 years... Hasn't changed much since then (apart from the hair!)

Ricky was part of the COE when Tilson run it. He was then offered a job at Cambridge as Youth Team manager and took it.

Tilson recruited RD at the start of last season, he bought a few players over from Cambridge with him.

I spoke to him on the day of the first team photoshoot and asked if he thought any youth players would come through the system as we hadnt had any decent youngsters come through for a while.

He said it would take some time but he was pretty confident that some would come through. He singled out Moussa as a lad with a lot of talent but said his reading of the game wasnt great at the mo.

Obviously Ricky worked his magic on him last season and got Moussa reading the game quicker than he expected.

Since two youth team players have been handed professional contracts are the yoth team any good? Surley there's more than only two players who can be in the fist team from the youth!!

Since two youth team players have been handed professional contracts are the yoth team any good? Surley there's more than only two players who can be in the fist team from the youth!!

One of my mates used to play for sufc youths a few years ago, and he said their always told that only 2/3 youths ever make it to pro level each year

Back