• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Ricky Holmes determined to stay with Southend United, in League Two

I think we are out of time waiting for players to come good / fitness to improve. 15 to go and the final run in. This team needs to start firing goals in starting tomorrow otherwise we are going down. We cant rely on Barrow and Grimsby just getting worse results than us.

Not meaning to be picky but it's actually only 14 games left - agree totally that we need to start getting better results than Barrow and Grimsby, I expect their supporters are thinking the same way too !

Well intentioned statements from RH and others who have talked about our situation in past interviews, although it does seem to wear thin when we're in a relegation battle.

Let's see a statement of the same quality on the pitch vs Oldham tomorrow ?

Ricky Holmes is different to another players when talking in a paper, as he is one of us, an true SUFC fan as I know his cousin, as we go to watch Southend Utd at RH.

I really don’t understand some of the views on here. In the last 6 games we have played 5 of the top 8 and the other side was the in form Bolton! From those 6 we managed 1.33 ppg. There are 12 teams in the league managing lest than that whilst the majority did not play the top teams! Even if you said that we could only stay in better form than 4 of the twelve we would still finish 5th bottom. We will be well clear of relegation come May guys! But I guess if gives us all something to talk about ?

I really don’t understand some of the views on here. In the last 6 games we have played 5 of the top 8 and the other side was the in form Bolton! From those 6 we managed 1.33 ppg. There are 12 teams in the league managing lest than that whilst the majority did not play the top teams! Even if you said that we could only stay in better form than 4 of the twelve we would still finish 5th bottom. We will be well clear of relegation come May guys! But I guess if gives us all something to talk about ?
The flip side of that coin is some people seem to be astonishingly casual about the fact that games are running out and we are looking at relegation to non league.

Ricky Holmes is different to another players when talking in a paper, as he is one of us, an true SUFC fan as I know his cousin, as we go to watch Southend Utd at RH.
Charlie Kelman was a true fan, I don't know what that evidences other than fans can be fickle?

Last edited:
Back