• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Holmes done deal

F.....ing!!! Brilliant signing! Quality player ! No one can now say ron hasnt backed mm!!

Why? Because you say so? The same arguments still apply. How do you know RH was MM's first choice.? How do you know other players weren't dismissed because we couldn't afford them?

Don't also forget that we weren't able to bring in anyone until the embargo was lifted so most first choice players will have gone elsewhere. We already know of some players that have done so.

Of course, if you have some inside information then fair enough but something tells me that isn't the case.

Last edited:
Why? Because you say so? The same arguments still apply. How do you know RH was MM's first choice. How do you know other players were dismissed because we couldn't afford them?

Don't also forget the we weren't able to bring in anyone until the embargo was lifted so most first choice players will have gone elsewhere. We already know of some players that have done so.

Of course, if you have some inside information then fair enough but something tells me that isn't the case.
If RH was MM's first choice we would have signed him 4 or 5 weeks ago when fully up to speed match fitness wise. In my view and, accepting hindsight et al, that's what we should have done. I think the focus was on trying to give a big contract to another 30+ out of favour CF who is many would say past his best. That didn't come off. Time will tell- I think we have dodged a bullet and made the right decision even if by accident.

If RH was MM's first choice we would have signed him 4 or 5 weeks ago when fully up to speed match fitness wise. In my view and, accepting hindsight et al, that's what we should have done. I think the focus was on trying to give a big contract to another 30+ out of favour CF who is many would say past his best. That didn't come off. Time will tell- I think we have dodged a bullet and made the right decision even if by accident.

Very possibly. However, all of that says there are reasons to say RM hasn't backed MM 100%.

"It’s great to sign,” Holmes said. “It’s been a good week of training with a game in there as well to show that I’m fully fit and I can’t wait to get going on Saturday.

As he alluded to, Holmes was involved in a behind closed doors game at the start of the week in which he provided an assist for Brandon Goodship to score.

1, makes a change and 2, hope we see that on the pitch where it matters, would love Goodship to get a few goals now.

I’m not a lover of RH and maybe never will be as I still remember the rubbish that came out of his mouth when he was playing for charlton a few years ago, is this a MM signing ? Is he here just for a monthly wage ? Still if he chips in with a few goals and half good games till the end of the season I will be pleased and could be a great signing at this level, I’m willing to give him a go and see what he can do for us and I just hope he stays fit for us.

Why? Because you say so? The same arguments still apply. How do you know RH was MM's first choice. How do you know other players were dismissed because we couldn't afford them?

Don't also forget the we weren't able to bring in anyone until the embargo was lifted so most first choice players will have gone elsewhere. We already know of some players that have done so.

Find me a better player then ricky holmes in league 1 and 2?

Well, and I don't want to be a naysayer, but I hope we are not swapping a developing cohesion for disruption.

Holmes, over the last five years, is a goal maker and not a goal taker. I accept that's his role but I have seen clear signs that we were already looking brighter higher up the pitch and it was often let down by finishing. Something Holmes is unlikely to help or expected to.

The key player we needed was a striker. It's suggested Ranger, God forbid, has been reintroduced to remedy the lack of goals. Why? He's scored less goals than Halford. Ranger has no record of being other than a bustling unit that might, at best, make space for others to have an opportunity. So you still need the striker who can make the most of those opportunities.

Personally I can see the wheels falling off the Blues bus and undoing the hard work that has got us to within a good shout at safety.
Que sera

Seems for better or worse we are opting for holmes and ranger, so lets get behind it.

A player who always seemed to do well against us, hopefully will be as good for us!

3-4 years ago, he always seemed to 'bore us a new *** hole' when we played Charlton.
Even if he's now only 50% the player he was then, probably still talented enough to be an asset.
Obviously a lot depends on his ongoing 'back problem'. Guess time will tell?.

I'll wait until I see what he does, but that really misses the point...yet again.
Well no.i
3-4 years ago, he always seemed to 'bore us a new *** hole' when we played Charlton.
Even if he's now only 50% the player he was then, probably still talented enough to be an asset.
Obviously a lot depends on his ongoing 'back problem'. Guess time will tell?.
Dont think he has back problems anymore? Do I think he would have passed a medical otherwise??

Back