• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right Click problem on firefox is driving me insane.

Yet another problem folks.

Everytime I right click anywhere in Firefox or click on the Firefox menu bar, I am presented with this:

problem.jpg

Yup, a nice grey box rather than the options.

Anyone that can help me fix this will receive a tonne of green.

I think it's something to do with the way Firefox displays frames Dave though I'm not 100% sure. Have a look in the 'options' tab and if need be reset to default in case anything has gone awry on it's own.

As a side note. I've had it with Firefox. Moved over to Chrome this afternoon, imported all my saved passwords, bookmarks etc and not looked back. It's lightening quick compared to Firefox and IE and has none of the Open Source bugs that have come with the latest release of Firefox.

I know how to fix it but I'm just too busy to tell you right now ;)

It's lightening quick compared to Firefox and IE and has none of the Open Source bugs that have come with the latest release of Firefox.

What does being Open Source have anything to do with bugs, I am guessing that you will be surprised to hear that Chrome and IE also suffer from bugs.

Most of the problems with Firefox come from the Add-ons you install not the browser itself. If you are having a problem alway try to run Firefox in safe mode to see if the problem still exists. If not then it is one of your add-ons.

run_safe_mode.gif

What does being Open Source have anything to do with bugs, I am guessing that you will be surprised to hear that Chrome and IE also suffer from bugs.

Most of the problems with Firefox come from the Add-ons you install not the browser itself.

Purely because being Open Source and developed by the people that use it it is more susceptible to code 'glitches' and bugs. The last Beta version being a case in point, which is why Mozilla ask for feedback from the community before releasing the final cut. Like they always do.

And you guess wrong fella. I'm not 12! I know that Chrome, Opera and IE also suffer from bugs. Virtually every piece of software suffers from them at release. Try not to be quite so condescending, intentional or not.

Purely because being Open Source and developed by the people that use it it is more susceptible to code 'glitches' and bugs. The last Beta version being a case in point, which is why Mozilla ask for feedback from the community before releasing the final cut. Like they always do.

And you guess wrong fella. I'm not 12! I know that Chrome, Opera and IE also suffer from bugs. Virtually every piece of software suffers from them at release. Try not to be quite so condescending, intentional or not.

I am sorry you felt my post was condescending, it was not it was meant to be.

It was a sarcastic post in response of your POV that Open Source means bugs, Open Source means to me that resolutions to issues are usually provided quicker than a company worrying about profit and image.

Also you seem to have contradicted yourself between the posts, firste you are saying that Firefox is buggy as it is Open source and then the next agreeing that all software is susceptible to bugs on release.

Last edited:
Back