• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He was imperious against Liverpool on Sunday, despite picking up a knock in the first half and having to contain countless Liverpool possession owing to United's anonymous midfield. He's a gaping tit, but when he's injury-free he's still one of the finest defenders in Europe and I can't for the life of me understand why Hodgson omitted Ferdinand from the England squad for any other reason than to keep John Terry happy.

With Terry ruling himself out of selection, there's no player better equipped than Ferdinand to assume the role of elder statesman at the back. If given the choice between him, Lescott and Jagielka, I'd pick Ferdinand every time.

I'm glad the alledged racist drug cheat is in the frame to represent our country again.Well done the FA ,absolutely clueless.

I'm glad the alledged racist drug cheat is in the frame to represent our country again.Well done the FA ,absolutely clueless.

Care to explain that?

Oh, and placing "alleged" before posting something libellous doesn't absolve you from guilt.

hmmmm he agreed on his ****ter account about racist comments aimed at ashley cole.....and he was banned for not taking a drugs test wasn't he???????????????????

hmmmm he agreed on his ****ter account about racist comments aimed at ashley cole.....and he was banned for not taking a drugs test wasn't he???????????????????

The "choc ice" incident was something posted by somebody else that he stupidly responded to, and the FA hit him with a standardised charge. If there was even the slightest inkling that Rio had posted the derogatory remark himself, you can bet that the FA would be under immense pressure to carry out the same process with which Terry's rightly being subject to. And he was indeed banned for missing a drugs test, but that doesn't inherently mean he's a drugs cheat as he hasn't explicitly tested positive... you can make your own mind up as to the reasoning behind the missed test, but I'd be very careful about labelling him a drug's cheat.

Fair shout on the drugs cheat,i meant to say he missed a drugs test and was banned for 8 months.But I claim my £10 you are kane ferdinand.

He was imperious against Liverpool on Sunday, despite picking up a knock in the first half and having to contain countless Liverpool possession owing to United's anonymous midfield. He's a gaping tit, but when he's injury-free he's still one of the finest defenders in Europe and I can't for the life of me understand why Hodgson omitted Ferdinand from the England squad for any other reason than to keep John Terry happy.

With Terry ruling himself out of selection, there's no player better equipped than Ferdinand to assume the role of elder statesman at the back. If given the choice between him, Lescott and Jagielka, I'd pick Ferdinand every time.

At 33 he's too old and too injury prone to hold down a regular place as an England International again.When fully fit there's no doubting his class but IMO England should be looking to the future here(and in other positions).Don't rule out Smalling as a future England CB, either.
Don't think Roy will be interested,personally.

At 33 he's too old and too injury prone to hold down a regular place as an England International again.When fully fit there's no doubting his class but IMO England should be looking to the future here(and in other positions).Don't rule out Smalling as a future England CB, either.
Don't think Roy will be interested,personally.

I'm all for moving in more of the younger breed, but this needs to be handled with due care and there's little point in ousting an experienced player for a younger model unless they're more talented and/or performing better. I watched Smalling play for England during the Euro qualification campaign and, whilst impressive, he's desperate for someone alongside him to order him around as he's still naive on the international stage. The "young" centre-half I've been most impressed with in an England shirt has been Gary Cahill, and I'd be very keen to see him play alongside Ferdinand.

It's obvious why you would miss a drugs test though.

Clearly he had a game of Fifa to attend to?

he won't be playing at the weekend fifa 2013s out friday ,my 14 year old son has already made the do not disturb sign.

Back