• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying stuff like that makes you look just as stupid as Barna and Osy. You are basing that fact these riots are a race issue on one picture doesn't show much logic when we see film upon film and picture upon picture of the riots involving a lot of young white youths as well.

People using poor logic behind their arguments tends to make their arguments null and void.
Harsh but in shocking state of affairs .. i agree with you , re Rusty ;)

Incidentally, the reference to a 26 year old guy being shot whilst in a car and subsequently dying, rumours on the tv news that the other two occupants of the car have been detained and it may have been an argument over goods they had already looted. Please note this is all unconfirmed atm.

Have to say im amazed this is only reported fatality so far ?

Are you really thinking about what you're saying bearing in mind this earlier observation?

Do you really want to see a frightened, under-equipped policeman facing the prospect of public scrutiny and even possible prosecution just to make you feel a little better about yourself?
Yes, I think there should be clear warnings to anyone going out tonight in areas earmarked for trouble of the consequences that might befall them. Therefore it's a disclaimer and the police can do what they are equipped to do without fear of reprisals. Time this country was able to use whatever force is necessary to stop such unlawfulness and meaning law abiding people can go about their business safely. We have to stop being apologists and namby pambys.

Harsh but in shocking state of affairs .. i agree with you , re Rusty ;)

Ha ha I don't really think it about you to be honest, I was just being a bit controversial. Thing is Barna accuses me of being right wing which is fine, but on many issues I agree with some of his views (not particularly the recent over the top ones) and also with your views. One thing I don't like from either side is totally illogical arguments and reasoning to back up their views.

Here's an article I saw in the paper this morning. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/getting-into-the-mindset-of-a-mob-mentality-2334139.html

The bloke is saying not a great deal that we don't already know, or haven't already said, but it's from a Doctor of Psychology, so I suppose he must be right. Apart from the bit about high end retailers seeing that Iceland is getting turned over in West Ham.

Amusingly this social psychology and group and peer pressure is exactly the part of my OU psychology course :D

Ha ha I don't really think it about you to be honest, I was just being a bit controversial. Thing is Barna accuses me of being right wing which is fine, but on many issues I agree with some of his views (not particularly the recent over the top ones) and also with your views. One thing I don't like from either side is totally illogical arguments and reasoning to back up their views.

WE're in agreement there and sadly some of the "right wing" on here are the most guilty of this . Using opinion with out recourse to any evidence .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

Incredibly depressing, sums up the whole situation. 'We can do what we want'. Getting drunk in the morning, not even knowing who the government are and barely able to string a sentence together. Disgusting.
Children are not born with this knowledge it is learn . .There are no poor students only poor teachers (note that is in the generalised sense not the directly our educational system ;))

Children are not born with this knowledge it is learn . .There are no poor students only poor teachers (note that is in the generalised sense not the directly our educational system ;))

No, there are poor students, ones that don't care and just want to drop out. They're called feckless idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back