• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Riots verdict-"People need a stake in society"

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://gu.com/p/36fea

At the risk of stating the obvious, it seems to me that the headline of this article is entirely right.
"People do need a stake in society." If not, then riots on the scale we saw last summer, will simply re-occur.Over to you.
(Btw,I did look for an article on this report on the BBC home and world websites but couldn't find one).

If there is another riot I am going to break into HMV and put that latest Snow Patrol album back.

the last thing these areas need is more public money. Millions has been pumped in over the last 50 years to no avail. Why do these reports always recommend things that have failed in the past. If these communities are going to work, they need to invest in their own future not expect someone else to do it for them.

As the riots took place barely twelve months after 13 years of one of the biggest public spending sprees in British history it does seem that simply throwing more public money at problems is not the solution.

I don't like that phrase, what does "having a stake in society" even mean? Stop excusing these scumbags and blaming the government for everything.

If you'd bothered reading the report you might have seen that various reasons were given as factors for the riots, including poor parenting and personal greed.

"Having a stake in society" is a phrase that was used by a panel looking into the riots - set up by, erm, the government.

Another example of there being only two things wrong with politics. The people interested in it and the politicians.

Back