• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP (again) to a fellow Shrimper

Tribal Chief

Levels Above ⭐⭐
Too many of these being posted during these unprecedented times, but I would like to ask SZ to keep my Uncle John's family in their thoughts and prayers after he passed away from a combination of COVID and Type 2 Diabetes. My Dad often worked on Saturdays so Uncle John would take me and my cousins to matches on Saturday afternoons, walking to the South Bank as it was so close to his home on Chelmsford Avenue. We usually shared the vast expanses of the old South stand with just a handful of away fans, but there were times (Preston and Bolton spring to mind) where there were over a thousand away supporters, some of whom were not inclined to listen to a large Essex gentleman discussing the relative merits of the teams at a fairly high volume. Uncle John didn't go away that often, but the last away game we attended together was the 3-0 spanking of our country cousins at Layer Road, what a wonderful day. He was only 68 years old, and I will miss him very much.

As you say too many of these and always sad to lose one of our own.
Thoughts are with You and your family.
R.I.P fellow Shrimper

Sorry to read about the loss of your Uncle.
Chelmsford Ave has been an interesting road, living there I have no doubts was knowing some history, and changes to the town.
I had friends down there, the Seagroatts but I don't recall a John, who was a few years older.
Best wishes.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, I myself lost my long time partner last summer to cancer I will always remember going to the games together and the away trips where we would stay overnight and go out for a meal, he name was Pauline Currell and she was only 59 when football does return things will neve be the same.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, I myself lost my long time partner last summer to cancer I will always remember going to the games together and the away trips where we would stay overnight and go out for a meal, he name was Pauline Currell and she was only 59 when football does return things will neve be the same.
RIP Pauline. So sorry for your loss mate.

Back