• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Understandable. I await the next exciting Barnablue thread: "RIP Ken Smith" (You know, the bassist from "The Electric Shoes" they had a #137 hit in 1961?) Pah! Philistines!

It seems to have attracted a smidgen of interest. :winking: (4 posts and 40 views).Btw,RichieC is certainly not a philistine. In fact,he's very knowledgeable about blues and folk music.(Napster seems to know his stuff where jazz is concerned too):thumbsup:

It seems to have attracted a smidgen of interest. :winking: (4 posts and 40 views).Btw,RichieC is certainly not a philistine. In fact,he's very knowledgeable about blues and folk music.(Napster seems to know his stuff where jazz is concerned too):thumbsup:

:winking: Fair enough, maybe the rest of us are philistines for not knowing who any of these people are...

To be fair barmas name is phil and he is a stine

And,as a former girlfriend pointed out to me, my first name comes from the Greek word philos(meaning love of).:winking:

Btw,I never suggested anyone who'd never heard of Doc Watson was a philistine and nor would I.I first heard him name checked by Bob Dylan.Before that I'd never heard of him either.

Staying off topic, but with a Phil twist ... 'Philo' was the affectionate moniker given to Phil Lynott (Mr Thin Lizzy) by his Dublin pals. He died in 1986.

Back