• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A fat Scottish Chris Rea lookalike then.

According to the Grauniad, 'Leven never achieved the level of success he deserved'. From that, I'm going to assume he was utterly ****.

According to the Grauniad, 'Leven never achieved the level of success he deserved'. From that, I'm going to assume he was utterly ****.

Some achieve a level of success and are still ****. I'm thinking Phil Collins here obviously.

RIP Jackie, I've no idea who you are however.

Some achieve a level of success and are still ****. I'm thinking Phil Collins here obviously.

RIP Jackie, I've no idea who you are however.

I'm not surprised MK, you didnt even know guitar legend Robin Trower.

Some achieve a level of success and are still ****.

Just out of interest, define ****. Do you have a "**** scale"? I mean, do you class say for example N-Dubz in exactly the same category as Phil? Even though I bet you could listen to "No Jacket Required" and not even have one moment of hate consume you, whereas I imagine N-Dubz would make any sane person take whatever large object is close to them and throw it at the speakers...

Just out of interest, define ****. Do you have a "**** scale"? I mean, do you class say for example N-Dubz in exactly the same category as Phil? Even though I bet you could listen to "No Jacket Required" and not even have one moment of hate consume you, whereas I imagine N-Dubz would make any sane person take whatever large object is close to them and throw it at the speakers...

Ah, I'm just pulling your (and others!) legs. Each to their own my friend, but I wouldn't choose to listen to either. There's an entire panopoly of music that makes me leap for the off switch. Fortunately there's plenty that pricks my ears up and (still at the ripe old age of 40) makes me pop to Itunes for a £7.99 download.

Ah, I'm just pulling your (and others!) legs. Each to their own my friend, but I wouldn't choose to listen to either. There's an entire panopoly of music that makes me leap for the off switch. Fortunately there's plenty that pricks my ears up and (still at the ripe old age of 40) makes me pop to Itunes for a £7.99 download.

Meh, I'm off to listen to Foxtrot. Quality.

Never heard much Doll by Doll, They certainly don't appear of any of the multitude of compilations I have from the 78-82 era but wiki has them "largely ignored by the music press of the time - their emotional, psyschedlic-tinged music was judged out of step with other bands of the time " and psyschedlia has never really been my bag.

As his solo stuff was folk based then, I certainly would not have come accross him.

Might see if I can find some DBD on t'interweb, so I can actually have an opinion

Back