• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rip Harry Roberts

Rip in peace Canvey Shrimper.The zone will be a lesser place without you mate.

Last edited:
Today and nearly every Saturday Harry would climb on the bus at the far end of Canvey where he lived and come into Hadleigh to do his shopping in Morrison's. I would often see him and stop for a chat and ask why on earth he came all that way just to do some shopping. He explained he didn't like to shop on Canvey and there were better bargains to be had in Morrisons...I always asked if he wanted a lift back with his 3 bags full up , but on every occasion he turned me down and said he treated it as a bit of a day out. He would then go home and perhaps start the whole trip again to Southend to watch the game

Today I will not be seeing him and that brings a tear to my eye this morning as things are just not the same any more.:sad:

I didn't know H in person, we never met, but I hugely respected his contributions on here. He was always insightful, balanced and humorous and his posts were some of the ones that I rarely bypassed. I have enjoyed reading all of the tributes and stories and they have made me feel like I knew him personally. It's been an emotional thread to read but that shows the amount of love that everybody had for him. Hopefully he's giving the big man up there hell, stealing the radio to tune into BBC Essex and moaning that "we're gonna get spanked".

RIP fellow Shrimper, and condolences and best wishes to your nearest and dearest.

I didn't know H in person, we never met, but I hugely respected his contributions on here. He was always insightful, balanced and humorous and his posts were some of the ones that I rarely bypassed. I have enjoyed reading all of the tributes and stories and they have made me feel like I knew him personally. It's been an emotional thread to read but that shows the amount of love that everybody had for him. Hopefully he's giving the big man up there hell, stealing the radio to tune into BBC Essex and moaning that "we're gonna get spanked".

RIP fellow Shrimper, and condolences and best wishes to your nearest and dearest.

James

I think your Dad knew Harry
Of the lot on the North bank he didn't move to the South Upper like the rest of us. I think he eas working abroad at that time.

James

I think your Dad knew Harry
Of the lot on the North bank he didn't move to the South Upper like the rest of us. I think he eas working abroad at that time.

He might have done. I was thinking that yesterday when I spotted a post mentioning you, CC51DAS and Harry being on the old North Bank together. At the very least I suppose my Dad might have spoken to him on a few occasions!

Never knew I'm personally but his posts were always ones I looked out for, balanced, funny and knowledgable. It's obvious by the reaction on here what a great guy he was, thoughts go to his family and friends at this hard time.

RIP

Can someone post a link to Harry & others on the TV Quiz show?

Photo?

47642_1741798261733_987345_n.jpg

Didn't know him personally but always laughed at his 'we're gonna get spanked' line. (Sometimes he was absolutely right!). Always sad when we lose another Shrimper family member. RIP Harry and condolences to all your work colleagues, family and friends and fellow supporters who knew him personally. You will now be watching the Blues from the top tier. I hope the club have a tribute to him at the next home game.

Didn't know him personally and never met him but he always came across as a lovely guy on here. Always someone who knew what he was talking about and will be missed by all I'm sure.

RIP.

Back