• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Such sad news met Harry a few times in the spread and at away games. Such a nice guy, a truly sad loss. My thoughts go to his family. RIP Harry!

Such sad news met Harry a few times in the spread and at away games. Such a nice guy, a truly sad loss. My thoughts go to his family. RIP Harry!

Sadly he didn't have, having never married or had kids. We are his family, and we'll be there to see him off.

Just to keep you all advised, the post mortem still hasn't been performed and the coroner's office said yesterday that it would be another week due to backlog. Until the post mortem as been done and the death certificate has been issued, we can't make any funeral arrangements.

So at the moment, it could be the first or second week of October, but I will let everyone know.

One other thing. As Harry didn't live in Southend, I was thinking that maybe the funeral could start off at the ground. this would at least give people a place to send flowers to, and it would also be a nice send-off for Harry to depart from his beloved SUFC. I know some of you are close to the club, so perhaps one of you can speak to the club to see if this will be possible? If it is, then I will make arrangements when we finalise things with the undertakers.

I'm posting this message to all the current Harry threads, so hope this is OK.

It's taken me over a week to summon up my tribute to Harry. He was a very close friend to me and my wife plus our kids
I firs tmet him at Morrison Pollexfen & Blair London when we started our pilgrimage into the world of freight forwarding in 1972
Recently we worked together in fact he sat opposite me for the past 3 years so not to see his happy face and listen to the endless tirade of jokes and knowledge is very very sad . We sat together in East Stand Black for many years until family committments meant I couldn't make the matches anymore. I was always amazed at how many of you he knew and introduced me too at the matches or in the bar at Spread Eagle. We went togethe rto some away games -the one which sticks out is when Promotion was clinched at swansea- that total euphoria when the news filtered through - boy did we have a good night on the town.
I hope via our sources we have let all his friends know and as my boss Terry has posted.The details of the funeral when known will be on here . There will never be a character like Harry and I was very pleased that in his lifetime he actually got to see 3 days of Olympic events. Needless to say the Indian restaurants will be poorer without his trade!!
Myself my wife and Harry always celebrated our birthdays together by imbibing at a local restaurant / pub . Now those dates will not be the same anymore but his memory will live on for a very long time
Now blues go and win back to back promotions and get SUFC into the Premiership in his memory
I will raise my arm again in a toast to harry as I have been doing and will continue like I guess all of you who have been a big part in his life
RIP Harry

I'm not one for any mystic sh*t, but I like to think that H was there today loving the end of the game.

He was, I don't think a minute passed today when I did not think of him :sad:

No, me neither, kept looking over to where his seat was and imagining his reaction to the ref and the goals, of course. That one was definitely for you Harry x

Have just seen this post having been away from the www whilst on holiday.

Very sad news, had the pleasure of meeting Harry a few times at various SUFC games and SZone beers in the city.

A real top bloke, very passionate and knowledgeable about his sport. Will be sorely missed by all & my sincere condolences go out to his family.

RIP Harry :sad:

I assume his profile will be kept open on SZ however would it be appropriate to change his 'User Title' (second line) to RIP? His posts will live on and we know how often old threads get dragged up, would be a nice mark of respect. It's a weird feeling seeing the member list and seeing his final login :sad:

I assume his profile will be kept open on SZ however would it be appropriate to change his 'User Title' (second line) to RIP? His posts will live on and we know how often old threads get dragged up, would be a nice mark of respect. It's a weird feeling seeing the member list and seeing his final login :sad:

Done B ......

What was even stranger was the last thing he did on SZ was reply to me on something in a thread! :sad:

Done B ......

What a marvellous thought and action. Nice one chaps:clap:

Having worked with LV Shipping from outside UK meant that we have chatted with Malcolm (Harry ) nearly every day for a couple of years. Sadly, we could never manage to bring him over to show him the Hamburg Reeperbahn, the decent Bars and clubs full of honest poeple ( I leave out the young ladies ), to visit the underdog rival of the local Premier league Football club - I forgot the name of it but even a Brit played here once - ugly haircut, ugly voice at that time ( have still his single..) etc etc. all these nice things you could talk with Malcolm endlessly, only limited because the reason of the telcon actually was for something different - work.
I hardly remember that Malcom was ever unnerved or similar when we in contact concerning some really weird and stressing jobs, just the opposite.
And especially at EURO/World cup times when tensions were high, I tried my Gary Lineker quote as much as a german can, but he staid calm, friendly, always a better joke en retour.

All from our office will miss a gifted and charming person and it is a great relief to see here that he got so many real friends who will keep him in their minds and hearts.

Having worked with LV Shipping from outside UK meant that we have chatted with Malcolm (Harry ) nearly every day for a couple of years. Sadly, we could never manage to bring him over to show him the Hamburg Reeperbahn, the decent Bars and clubs full of honest poeple ( I leave out the young ladies ), to visit the underdog rival of the local Premier league Football club - I forgot the name of it but even a Brit played here once - ugly haircut, ugly voice at that time ( have still his single..) etc etc. all these nice things you could talk with Malcolm endlessly, only limited because the reason of the telcon actually was for something different - work.
I hardly remember that Malcom was ever unnerved or similar when we in contact concerning some really weird and stressing jobs, just the opposite.
And especially at EURO/World cup times when tensions were high, I tried my Gary Lineker quote as much as a german can, but he staid calm, friendly, always a better joke en retour.

All from our office will miss a gifted and charming person and it is a great relief to see here that he got so many real friends who will keep him in their minds and hearts.

Welcome to the board, sorry it's not in happier circumstances. It's lovely to hear the Harry you describe is so much the Harry those of us who knew him remember too.

Haven't posted on here in a while but saw this and felt like sending my wishes.

Remember him fondly and often exchanged messages. A sad loss for the community...

Back