• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The first time I met Harry was at Swindon in the FA Cup in Jan 69 . I was standing behind the goal with my mate Bob Jennings , Harry was with a guy who was fireing staples at the Swindon goalkeeper , this guy was the future Leigh Com Legend 'Jaffa' . Harry first came up Leigh Com as a member of Jaffas crew in Oct 69 and was very well like by all that knew him .

The first time I met Harry was at Swindon in the FA Cup in Jan 69 . I was standing behind the goal with my mate Bob Jennings , Harry was with a guy who was fireing staples at the Swindon goalkeeper , this guy was the future Leigh Com Legend 'Jaffa' . Harry first came up Leigh Com as a member of Jaffas crew in Oct 69 and was very well like by all that knew him .
A few days before he was taken from us, he was in the Carlton with a few others, celebrating Jaffa's forthcoming 60th.
I think you were there?. I couldn't make it, as i was in Florida & knew nothing about his passing until i returned, & my son mentioned it to me.

A few days before he was taken from us, he was in the Carlton with a few others, celebrating Jaffa's forthcoming 60th.
I think you were there?. I couldn't make it, as i was in Florida & knew nothing about his passing until i returned, & my son mentioned it to me.
If I remember right Harry went home early saying he had a bad stomach .

11 years ago to the day i put these flowers on Harrys seat, He will be turning in his grave at the state of the club today.

No photo description available.

Had known Harry since our Leigh Comm days back in 71& 72. Never knew his name was Malcolm until a couple of years before he was taken from us!.
Back in April 72 when 200 of us from the 4 Leigh Comm coach's kicked down the gates at Gillingham & ran across the pitch around mid-day ( daft, but hey ho we were youngsters then! ), OB appeared from other end.
We all scrambled over the 10 ft wall to escape into the street, Dr. Martens took the force of the jump, but Harry thought better of that, & claimed he hid in the cubicle of the loo. Can only presume it was in better condition than the one at the N.W section of our North bank back then!!.
Incredible days & he was an incredible respected guy. R.I.P Harry ( Malcolm ).

Had known Harry since our Leigh Comm days back in 71& 72. Never knew his name was Malcolm until a couple of years before he was taken from us!.
Back in April 72 when 200 of us from the 4 Leigh Comm coach's kicked down the gates at Gillingham & ran across the pitch around mid-day ( daft, but hey ho we were youngsters then! ), OB appeared from other end.
We all scrambled over the 10 ft wall to escape into the street, Dr. Martens took the force of the jump, but Harry thought better of that, & claimed he hid in the cubicle of the loo. Can only presume it was in better condition than the one at the N.W section of our North bank back then!!.
Incredible days & he was an incredible respected guy. R.I.P Harry ( Malcolm ).
It was Harry who introduced us, T - on West Road before a game on a sunny Saturday and you with your boy with you. Loved the Blues badges on your jacket. I don't think it was too long after that that H died. He was the first good mate I made on here and I'm glad for the times we had. But, as John said earlier, he'd be well upset with the current situation. I remember him saying (about the RM discussions back then), "be careful what you wish for." It's all looking like the very sad denouement he would have wished to have averted. Fingers crossed for any unlikely knights with chargers running to the rescue before 04/10.

It was Harry who introduced us, T - on West Road before a game on a sunny Saturday and you with your boy with you. Loved the Blues badges on your jacket. I don't think it was too long after that that H died. He was the first good mate I made on here and I'm glad for the times we had. But, as John said earlier, he'd be well upset with the current situation. I remember him saying (about the RM discussions back then), "be careful what you wish for." It's all looking like the very sad denouement he would have wished to have averted. Fingers crossed for any unlikely knights with chargers running to the rescue before 04/10.
A proper gentleman

Yes i remember that day. My youngest son & me were heading towards entering the West Stand, & no doubt you & Harry were going to have a swift half (!) before the game.
One of the enamel badges i wore that day, was of one of the Gollywog clan holding a blue & white scarf, with SOUTHEND on it!. That was one of many you could buy back then, without the 'woke' brigade making a fuss about it!. It was one of the two i wore on my SUFC polo shirt last Sunday outside the 'Rats' lair!.
Anyone who claims it's inappropriate needs to wind their neck in, & get a life!!.

Back