• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Peter Green

He did
Fleetwood Mac founder Peter Green died today. Sad news.

Green Manalishi and Oh Well are two absolute belters.

According to wikipedia, he lived on Canvey Island, is that true?

He did spend some time on Canvey and also lived in Westcliff for a while, he was very ill at those times. People I knew went to his place in Westcliff and were surprised to see unopened royalty cheques scattered about, as well as a mountain of cds. This man was a huge talent and without the illness, would probably been seen as so by a wider audience. RIP Peter.

What a talent!
A friend of mine saw the concert at the paladium earlier this year and I was somewhat jealous.
R.i.P Peter

He did

He did spend some time on Canvey and also lived in Westcliff for a while, he was very ill at those times. People I knew went to his place in Westcliff and were surprised to see unopened royalty cheques scattered about, as well as a mountain of cds. This man was a huge talent and without the illness, would probably been seen as so by a wider audience. RIP Peter.

There was always that rumour that the band was named after Fleetwood Avenue in Westcliff, I believed it for years? Huge talent, will be greatly missed.

RIP Peter. Green Manalishi is a pretty haunting song, absolutely loved his guitar playing and his voice as a teen having been introduced to it by my Dad. Probably one of the first bands I ever was into. Danny Kirwan was another who spent time in Essex, drank in the Plough in Westcliff apparently at one point.

At the time of writing Peter Green's authorised biography, Peter Green was living in Leigh, and kept meeting the writer in a cafe in Leigh, to give him more memories for the book, according to the writer. The writer wanted to do it in one of their homes, but Peter insisted, not on the phone, not in his home, but in the cafe in Leigh.
My personal favourite.

The first three Fleetwood Mac albums were great examples of British blues - not often equalled.

I saw them at the Cricketers early on and at the Cliffs about the time of Oh Well - great gigs - saw Peter latterly with the Splinter group (as mentioned on the dead pool thread) - spoke to him and he was very polite and humble about his talent,

Us Old Wrinkleys are the lucky ones having witnessed the events rather than You Tubed them?

As we hobble out of our Zimmer Frames ,teary eyed, to the keyboard reminiscing.

The last time I saw him was with The Splinter Group at Limerick University.

The time came for Albatross and He sat down on the chair and did a bit of fumbling.
Nigel Watson was close to Him and you could almost read his mind. Is he going to do it ok ??

Then off he went and we were transported.

Exactly like Grumpy Blue said ,met him afterwards wearing a pair of white gloves and humble is the right word.

What better subject whilst we waiting for the White Smoke!!

Back