• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Shrimper

tia

Manager⭐
My uncle who held a season ticket in the West stand for many years passed away on Monday night aged 92.He was a late starter at Roots Hall taking me there when i was a kid in the late 1980s.He was a regular to away games into his 80s going to Carlisle aged 83! His last game to see Southend play was the 4-0 home win against MK Dons last April.And this year he had to give his season ticket up due to ill health.The club have kindly agreed to put a mention in about him in the Luton Town programme which the family is very happy about. Southend utd will certainly be mentioned at his funeral as it bought him so much pleasure in his later years

RIP, sorry for your loss. Hopefully the team can pull together and get 3 points on Saturday in your uncles honour.

RIP, sorry for your loss. Hopefully the team can pull together and get 3 points on Saturday in your uncles honour.
Thanks very much.He loved Roots Hall and his club

Sorry to hear of another Die Hard Shrimper has been taken.

I am sure he will still be following and watching Southend United play in spirit.

Some of us will have known him, what was his name? If you prefer to keep that private I fully understand.

All the best to his family and friends at this sad time, but reflect on the great times he had following the Shrimpers.

RIP Shrimper

Sorry to hear of another Die Hard Shrimper has been taken.

I am sure he will still be following and watching Southend United play in spirit.

Some of us will have known him, what was his name? If you prefer to keep that private I fully understand.

All the best to his family and friends at this sad time, but reflect on the great times he had following the Shrimpers.

RIP Shrimper
Thanks very much.He kept himself to himself at games and when doing away games we went normally via car.And we had some great times following the club.3-2 win at Swansea with 8 men in December 2003 being a highlight

Thanks very much.He kept himself to himself at games and when doing away games we went normally via car.And we had some great times following the club.3-2 win at Swansea with 8 men in December 2003 being a highlight

Always sad to hear of a dedicated Shrimper passing, RIP my friend. I was also at the Vetch Field with my son on that surreal day when Warren scored the third goal, the New Year's Day second goal v Gillingham reminded us of that.

Always sad to hear of a dedicated Shrimper passing, RIP my friend. I was also at the Vetch Field with my son on that surreal day when Warren scored the third goal, the New Year's Day second goal v Gillingham reminded us of that.
Yes both were great moments! Great memories and Bury 1991 too

It's only at times of loss like yours @tia that you realise the fond memories that you shared with your uncle. Not only that, the wider family that is Shrimpers fans feels your loss with you. I reckon he will take his seat for Saturday with the best view in the house and not a pylon to block his view surrounded by the many other Blues stalwarts sitting next to him.

Our Sympathy to you and your family mate.

RHB and Mrs RHB

It's only at times of loss like yours @tia that you realise the fond memories that you shared with your uncle. Not only that, the wider family that is Shrimpers fans feels your loss with you. I reckon he will take his seat for Saturday with the best view in the house and not a pylon to block his view surrounded by the many other Blues stalwarts sitting next to him.

Our Sympathy to you and your family mate.

RHB and Mrs RHB
Thanks mate very nice words

thanks everyone for your nice words for our uncle, may he RIP and three points for the blues tomorrow for him please!!!!

Last edited:
Sending condolences.
Always sad to hear of fellow supporters passing.

Back