• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Sir David Amess

Been stabbed multiple times in an incident in his surgery. **** sake. This ****ing world.
A Conservative MP has been stabbed multiple times in an incident at his constituency surgery.
David Amess, who represents Southend West in Essex, was attacked on Friday at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea.
Sky News understands a man walked into his constituency surgery and stabbed him multiple times.
It is believed Mr Amess has been receiving treatment at the scene for his injuries.
Police are believed to be at the scene and the road surrounding the location has been closed off.

Terrible news I hope he makes a full recovery

Awful news. Parking politics this is someone passionate about his constituency and Southend generally. We all should be safe carrying out our job. Met him recently at a funeral and a proper human being. Hoping he pulls through and the scumbag who did this feels the full force of the law.

Can this be put in the main Shrimperzone chit-chat aware for a couple of days so people view it.

Believe he is quite a big supporter of the club, and Southend as an area. I know that he brings up Southend being a City in parliment at almosy every opportunity.

Hope he pulls through

Poor poor man, I was so shocked to read this.
? Best wishes for a quick recovery David.

Awful news. Parking politics this is someone passionate about his constituency and Southend generally. We all should be safe carrying out our job. Met him recently at a funeral and a proper human being. Hoping he pulls through and the scumbag who did this feels the full force of the law.

I think you need to reword that. It implies he's not a proper human being. Whatever your views on him, no-one should be stabbed for carrying out his public duty.

Still being treated at the Church which suggests it's either minor or he's dead.

Was due to attend a party lunch with him next month - shocking news, he gave me some great advice last time I saw him about getting into local government, advice that has seen me pass as a candidate for next years local elections.
Get well soon David!
It matters not about what side of the political debate you are, what matters here is a man doing his job has been stabbed multiple times!

I live in Leigh, police presence everywhere and chopper in the sky.

This world is going to ****e.

It doesn't matter about political views, he's a human being and a nice one at that.

Back