• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Sir David Amess

But hugely costly to the tax payer! He kills somebody and now he gets to live the rest of his life not having to worry about getting a job paying for a home or any of the other pressures or modern life. Seems unfair
I honestly believe that in cases like this where it was just a cold blooded execution and guilt is certain that the death penalty is justified

I honestly believe that in cases like this where it was just a cold blooded execution and guilt is certain that the death penalty is justified
Though I wouldn’t disagree, it makes them a martyr and gives others hope to continue the so called religious war.
Stick them in a cell to rot and be forgotten sometimes is better way, no contact with outside world , though human rights would get involved with the Woke brigade sadly

Though I wouldn’t disagree, it makes them a martyr and gives others hope to continue the so called religious war.
Stick them in a cell to rot and be forgotten sometimes is better way, no contact with outside world , though human rights would get involved with the Woke brigade sadly
Thing is they all mix together in prison and radicalise other inmate's who may come out and commit serious crimes

Quote me if I am wrong but are they only a martyr if they commit suicide on their own terms ?

Would a life sentence ease the worries you have in everyday life or are the free choices you get to make every day worth the price of having to work and provide your own home?
Dear god that’s the deepest most thought provoking non catch line post from you I have ever seen! ? To answer the question though I think much of it depends on the country that has incarcerated the individual. I saw how respectful the cell of Anders Brevik looked on a documentary with various amenities for example.

Quote me if I am wrong but are they only a martyr if they commit suicide on their own terms ?
No, the most famous female martyr is likely to be Joan De Arc, she was, as you know, burnt at the stake by Le Roast Boefs.
Although several martyrs could be said to have walked or run to their own deaths which ultimately came at the " hands" of their nemesis.

TBF the Amess murder made the French national news last night (on TF1/2) some 24 hours + after the event.Can't hepl thinking that the 1st annversary of the murder of French schoolteacher Samuel Paty probably didn't make the UK news though it was all over the msm here.

Last edited:
Dear god that’s the deepest most thought provoking non catch line post from you I have ever seen! ? To answer the question though I think much of it depends on the country that has incarcerated the individual. I saw how respectful the cell of Anders Brevik looked on a documentary with various amenities for example.
I remember going on a walking tour of the centre of Oslo a few years back and being shown the scene where AB comitted his first crime of the day .The Norwegian guide was genuinely shocked:"He was one of us" as he said.Doubt that sentiment will hold this time around,despite the killer being a British national,apparently.

But hugely costly to the tax payer! He kills somebody and now he gets to live the rest of his life not having to worry about getting a job paying for a home or any of the other pressures or modern life. Seems unfair to David’s memory
This is a common misconception, if you look at America it actually costs more to execute someone than to give them a life sentence, even though you'll be feeding someone with a life sentence for a lot longer. The legal costs are extremely high because no one is going to plead guilty to something that gives them the death sentence, capital trials on average are 4 times as long as non-capital trials (and whilst this seems cut and dry it would be an extremely bad precedent to try and deny access to proper legal process because that becomes a slippery slope where people in the future that should be given a fair trial aren't), you can also pretty much guarantee someone sentenced to death will try and appeal it at every possibility (which again we shouldn't deny because there have been cases where new evidence proved someone sentenced to death was actually innocent). The level of security prior to execution also is far expensive on death row because the inmates there have nothing to lose so they're much more likely to try and escape.

Breaking Southend to be granted city status​

More laughter and cheering erupts in the chamber as Boris Johnson announces that the Queen has agreed Southend will be granted city status in honour of Sir David.
Sir David "never once witnessed any achievement by any resident of Southend that could not somehow be cited in his bid to secure city status for that distinuished town", says Johnson.

The first part of David Amess funeral will take place on 22nd November at St Mary's Church, Prittlewell. That's the church with the huge tower directly over the road from Roots Hall. Inside the Church there will be a capacity of 500 with admission by ticket only. Then the horse drawn funeral cortege will proceed through the town on an advertised route (with road closures) with stopping places so people can pay their respects.

David Amess funeral details

The second part of his funeral will take place the following day at the Catholic Cathedral in London.

Found guilty today... The cheeky ******* had the nerve to plead not guilty.

I hope he gets a couple of lifes sentences.....

Presumably in a mistaken attempt to get even more publicitity for his murderous act and "cause"
He will probably get a whole life sentence and society will have to feed him for the rest of his life.I think I got a better sentence

Fortunately the death penalty has been abolished in the UK (and in most civilised countries).

Back