• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP to two legends.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Iconic actors Christopher Lee and Ron Moody have shuffled of to the great beyond....though I wonder if come midnight, Lee will rise as Dracula!

RIP fellas.

Just gonna CAP something I posted to Facebook here because this man deserves much more than just "RIP".

There are people you think will live forever, people you can't imagine life without; your parents, your friends, teachers, people you love and respect. Christopher Lee was one such person, and as much as we hope that will be the case, it isn't. People die every day. The ones they leave behind, they carry on. They pick up that which was passed on by the dead and use it to hopefully better themselves. A legacy. Christopher Lee's legacy is, quite frankly, ridiculous. How can someone sum up a man who, in addition to acting in major blockbuster franchises throughout his career, fought and killed for his country in one of the biggest global conficts of all time, had a family that loved and cared for him in ways we can only imagine, and gave joy and inspiration to untold millions of people?
The simple answer is, you can't. Christopher Lee was many things to many people, and what that is is unique to each of us, but even though he's gone, we can take those things and use them, that when he turns on his TV in his house on the other side (or whatever your faith decrees), he can watch us, and be proud of what we do.
Now, get a drink, and raise your glass, for a great man has fallen. A good man. A legend. He will not be forgotten.

Christopher Lee was immense throughout his career.........He was a Star of Hammer Horrors for my gene for years as kids. They would never of been the same without him, let alone Lord Of the Rings ....very sad news about Fagin too.

A very bad day for English actors

Don't let's underestimate Ron Moody though. His characterisation of Fagin in Oliver! was a thing of beauty, he was born to play that role. Remember seeing a follow up programme in more recent times, and how affectionate the cast were to each other even though some of them were quite young at the time. A very sad day to lose two such wonderful British actors. RIP gentlemen.

And on another theme, Dusty Rhodes of WWE fame has also passed away, which will no doubt sadden the wrestling aficionados on here.

Back in the late 70s I bought my first portable TV for my bedroom, I would have been 18 at the time. I could pick up Anglia TV which showed horror films on Friday night, unlike Thames and LWT. It was great watching classic horrors starring Christopher Lee (and Peter Cushing).

Lee was a great actor and films from that era seem to been have dropped from the schedules. A shame really, cause when a few were shown in support on the beeb's Gothic season, they hadn't really dated, relying on the story and suspense rather than graphic depictions of violence.

For those interested, check out the Hammer Dracula/Frankenstein/Mummy films, and movies like The Creeping Flesh, The Horror Express, and of course The Wicker Man.

In a similar vein, The Abominable Dr Phibes is well worth a watch, so are the Roger Corman Poe adaptations also starring Vincent Price.

Christopher Lee also fought in WW2; and was a Nazi hunter. He was cousins in real life with Ian Fleming and he met JRR Tolkien who promised him the role of Gandalf if it happened...

And on another theme, Dusty Rhodes of WWE fame has also passed away, which will no doubt sadden the wrestling aficionados on here.

His passing made it on to the BBC News webpage & SKY Sports news app, which says a lot for a Wrestler.
Mark'd out listening to his WWE (WWF) theme tune again last night.

Amazing to think that all 5 of those involved during his WrestleMania VI match are now dead :stunned:.

Battle of the Christopher Lee films would be a good 'un. Plenty of classics to choose from.

Battle of the Christopher Lee films would be a good 'un. Plenty of classics to choose from.
I was just looking at his filmography on IMDB and was surprised to discover that I've only seen 35 of the 197 he made. Pretty much every one of those 35 are among my personal favourites though.

I was just looking at his filmography on IMDB and was surprised to discover that I've only seen 35 of the 197 he made. Pretty much every one of those 35 are among my personal favourites though.

I'm worse. Seven I know for sure, maybe others if I scour the lists.

Sorry to say, but I don't watch wrestling so have no idea who Moody is. Hell, my first thought was "oh crap, Brendan Gleeson's bought it".

I'm worse. Seven I know for sure, maybe others if I scour the lists.

Sorry to say, but I don't watch wrestling so have no idea who Moody is. Hell, my first thought was "oh crap, Brendan Gleeson's bought it".

Wrestling? Ron Moody was Fagin in Oliver!

Wrestling? Ron Moody was Fagin in Oliver!

Gah. Bloody twitter. There was a wrestler died as well, most of the folks I follow on there were talking about him. Are we talking one of the many flicks or the BBC drama with Sophie Okonedo as the bird Sykes offs? 'Cause that's the only one I've watched. Played Sykes in the year six play, nearly killed the lass playing Sophie, but other than that, The Unquiet Dead, A Christmas Carol and A Muppet Christmas Carol, my Dickens is pretty much non-existant in both literary and film.

Gah. Bloody twitter. There was a wrestler died as well, most of the folks I follow on there were talking about him. Are we talking one of the many flicks or the BBC drama with Sophie Okonedo as the bird Sykes offs? 'Cause that's the only one I've watched. Played Sykes in the year six play, nearly killed the lass playing Sophie, but other than that, The Unquiet Dead, A Christmas Carol and A Muppet Christmas Carol, my Dickens is pretty much non-existant in both literary and film.

Oh lord. The musical, the seminal film.

Back