• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RIP Tony Greig

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
One of the giants - in every sense - of the game is sadly no longer with us.

No longer will we be seeing him dig his car keys into the pitch or hearing "hard and fast", "right off the meat of the bat", "blow it out your arse Bill Lawry".

He was someone that lived and breathed cricket and whose knowledge of the international game was unsurpassed. Almost uniquely, his passing will be mourned in four continents - in Sri Lanka who he tirelessly championed, in Australia where he was a legend of the commentary box, in South Africa where he was born and raised, and in England who he captained and played with great courage and for no little success (batting average of over 40 and a bowling average of around 32).

A great loss to cricket.

One of the giants - in every sense - of the game is sadly no longer with us.

No longer will we be seeing him dig his car keys into the pitch or hearing "hard and fast", "right off the meat of the bat", "blow it out your arse Bill Lawry".

He was someone that lived and breathed cricket and whose knowledge of the international game was unsurpassed. Almost uniquely, his passing will be mourned in four continents - in Sri Lanka who he tirelessly championed, in Australia where he was a legend of the commentary box, in South Africa where he was born and raised, and in England who he captained and played with great courage and for no little success (batting average of over 40 and a bowling average of around 32).

A great loss to cricket.

Right out of the vegetable of the bat. Gutted. Hope he wears his space helmet in heaven.

RIP Tony

I dont think we have seen the car keys in the pitch for quite a while though. I think it was banned several years ago.

A huge loss to cricket the world over. One of my very favourite commentators

RIP Tony.

Interestingly Martin Keown dug his car key into the Upton Park Pitch on Football Focus on Saturday afternoon and I thought of the numerous cricket folk who have done this.

Back