• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rivaldo

Beefy

Life President
I've just been reading about the recent exploits of the brilliant Brazilian, and former Barcelona star, Rivaldo. I couldn't find any mention of this on here so thought I'd start a thread although you may all have heard about this.

Anyway, having retired as a player he returned to Brazil last year and became president of his old Club. A few weeks ago he decided to come out of retirement and sign himself as a player, including getting photos photoshopped of him giving himself a contract, gurning, etc.

Rivaldo-no-Mogi-em-2011.jpg

f_32705.jpg

rivaldo3.jpg

Then, to make things even weirder, he's loaned himself to Sao Paulo, for whom he then scored with a lovely finish on his debut.

[video=youtube;8zIUJ6VPdkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zIUJ6VPdkE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

That whole story and the goal completely typifies him, an absolutely quality player but completely stark raving bonkers!

Wow, lost respect for what he did at the 2002 world cup, but seems like a pretty funny guy.

Similar-ish thing when Niall Quinn was manager of Sunderland, but was also the chairman (I think), but after some poor results, sacked himself and put Roy Keane in charge.

Wow, lost respect for what he did at the 2002 world cup, but seems like a pretty funny guy.

Similar-ish thing when Niall Quinn was manager of Sunderland, but was also the chairman (I think), but after some poor results, sacked himself and put Roy Keane in charge.

after we beat them 3-0 at RH!

Speaking of Roy Keane, there are strong rumours linking him with the purchase of Cambridge United...

Back