• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question RM to fine Sturrock a month's wages ?

CC51DAS

President
A tough one this for Ron.

On the one hand, he can't afford to let the cleaning lady's lawyers think that he has anything less than the highest standards of moralilty and must be seen to crack down on any behaviour that strays from the straight and narrow. Can he?

On the other hand, he can't afford to let Sturrock think that he can't afford to pay him. Can he ?

Thoughts ?

I think the problem is it makes it hard to enforce discipline to the players if they step out of line. I am a big fan of do as i do rather than do as i say. Here in lies the problem

Too soon in the relationship to start imposing bans. I think a 10:30 Monday morning meeting with RM for a spanked botty will have done the trick.

If there's a next time, then maybe fines might come into play.

Sturrock was first to say if anyone gets sent off they will be fined.......Well surely if thats the case he should fine himself ......It would send out the right message to the players?

Sturrock was first to say if anyone gets sent off they will be fined.......Well surely if thats the case he should fine himself ......It would send out the right message to the players?

I personally think that the manager should have different responsibilities to the players, obviously they do anyway. But also with suspensions, it should be the manager who tells the referee to ****ing sort it out because he is a useless ****. I've always thought that and any football team I've played for the manager has always been the one to speak his mind. Most of the time!

Onion_Bag...spot on!
I think the chairman and players should back manager up and vice versa. Sturrock was ranting for the right reason, because he believed his side shouldn't be down 1-0. Don't think the chairman can afford to undermine his manager at all, yet so early on in season. He should back him til the end!!!

Vultan, there's never a right reason to 'rant' at the officials. It's unprofessional and is the sort of thing that spoils the game. I sympathise with Sturrock that a technical error by an official confused his defence and put us 1-0 down very late in the game. But that doesn't excuse swearing at the officials.

By all means, politely enquire as to what is going on. But ranting at someone in authority is not generally the way to go about getting them to review a decision. It's the right way to **** them off and ensure they're not going to change their mind at all.

By his own admission Luggy was expecting a fine and a touchline ban. He should set the example and subject himself to a fine anyway - that'll send a far stronger message to his players than fining any one of them when they next get a red. Perhaps he could donate what his fine would have been to repaying a tiny part of the Trust loan?

Vultan, there's never a right reason to 'rant' at the officials. It's unprofessional and is the sort of thing that spoils the game. I sympathise with Sturrock that a technical error by an official confused his defence and put us 1-0 down very late in the game. But that doesn't excuse swearing at the officials.

By all means, politely enquire as to what is going on. But ranting at someone in authority is not generally the way to go about getting them to review a decision. It's the right way to **** them off and ensure they're not going to change their mind at all.

By his own admission Luggy was expecting a fine and a touchline ban. He should set the example and subject himself to a fine anyway - that'll send a far stronger message to his players than fining any one of them when they next get a red. Perhaps he could donate what his fine would have been to repaying a tiny part of the Trust loan?
for ****s sake this is football not ****in garden bowls

for ****s sake this is football not ****in garden bowls

I'm sorry, but that is what really ****s me off about football - name me another sport where the ref would get that much abuse because one team THOUGHT he'd made the wrong decision? Why do people think that just because 'this is football' that it makes this behaviour acceptable?

More to the point, why does it suddenly become acceptable just because it was done by our team? Man U did something very similar a few years back and got vilified for it, but our boys do it and that's fine.....

Rubbish. Doesn't say much for team discipline that one decision can make the players lose their rag. Keep your gob shut and get on with the game - simple.

Back