• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rnd2 Heat 3: The X-Files v The Wire

X-Files or Wire?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedi Shrimper

formerly Drastic™
Clash of the titans here, two nominations that could have possibly expected to face each other in the final had the draw gone differently.

The X-Files (Rusty Shackleford)
v
The Wire (blues r best)

Both great shows, but (obviously), I have to go for 'The X-Files', a truly iconic piece of television history that has permeated pop culture for close to two decades.

The Truth is Out There.

X Files was great at the time, and up to series 3 or so. Then it lost the plot for me and I gave up.

I heard it got good again at the end.

Whereas The Wire is the most heartfelt, interesting drama I've ever seen on TV. I fear it'll lose because a few folks will remember fancying Gillian Anderson in that FHM issue, but I hope you check it out at some point.

Other than the start of Series 5 and the first episode or 2 of Series 1, the rest is TV Gold.

X Files was great at the time, and up to series 3 or so. Then it lost the plot for me and I gave up.

I heard it got good again at the end.

Whereas The Wire is the most heartfelt, interesting drama I've ever seen on TV. I fear it'll lose because a few folks will remember fancying Gillian Anderson in that FHM issue, but I hope you check it out at some point.

Other than the start of Series 5 and the first episode or 2 of Series 1, the rest is TV Gold.

I'm not denying that 'The Wire' is a great television show, and I'd vote for it against virtually anything but 'The X-Files'. It takes more than an underwear shoot to keep a show on top for nine seasons and two movies. I'm not going to claim that every single episode of The X-Files was perfect, but it certainly didn't take five seasons off as your post implies.

One word about the way this vote is panning out:

ssssssshhhhhhiiiiiiiiittttttttttt

Man, this here is some ****ed up ****. Stringer's gonna come round and **** y'all up yo science fiction mother ****ers. True dat.

Ahem, yes. Had The Wire lost by one I would have felt very bad.

I have just bought all five seasons though. £85 - bargain.

As I said earlier, I'm a big fan of 'The Wire' and would have liked to see this as the final. I got all five seasons via utorrent for the price of a few blank DVDs, which was the same price as the nine X-Files seasons. Oh dear, what a pikey I am.

Back