• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roadworks

shrimperman

Manager
How much longer are they going on for? I live a fair way away from the road and can still here the drills, all bloody night long. If it wasn't bad enough getting caught by the traffic they were causing on my way home, I now havn't been able to sleep for two nights. God help the people who actually live along the road
mad.gif

I do believe, according to the signs that have been placed forewarning of these works, they are ongoing between the dates 29/08/07 and 02/09/06.

There are however two sets of works going on. The re-surfacing of the road and also the laying and connection of mains suuply to that new building project just past Chapel Road.

yep, pain in the backside. forgot about it last night and after sitting in traffic for 3 minutes not moving i turned round and went down bull lane to get home.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Aug. 30 2006,23:39)]I do believe, according to the signs that have been placed forewarning of these works, they are ongoing between the dates 29/08/07 and 02/09/06.

There are however two sets of works going on. The re-surfacing of the road and also the laying and connection of mains suuply to that new building project just past Chapel Road.
Thanks for that. Needless to say I don't bother looking at the signs on the side of road whilst I'm driving - too busy wondering about my next cup of tea!
laugh.gif

Where the hell is Chapel Road? Is that not Whitehouse Chase? Theres a pretty big development going on there at moment, infact I did a few prelim drawings for that project.

As for re-tarmacing, was there really a need to re-tarmac? The roads hardly falling to pieces and I'm sure theres plenty more worthwhile projects that wouldn't waste taxpayers money
mad.gif
Thing that drives me mad is, I was driving along the newly laid surface this morning and its bumpier than the original surface! Absolute joke

Back