• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep. It's in the Echo today. Embargo prevented it.

The Echo also goes with a back page lead of "What is going on at Blues" - Disgruntled fans becoming disenchanted with the club. With numerous comments from fans sick of it all. Including me and various other "Zoners"

Yep. It's in the Echo today. Embargo prevented it.

The Echo also goes with a back page lead of "What is going on at Blues" - Disgruntled fans becoming disenchanted with the club. With numerous comments from fans sick of it all. Including me and various other "Zoners"

Zoners are a vocal minority. There are still a few thousand happy to go each week to the home matches, and several hundred away.

I dont like to bang my own drum but I do believe I said all along that 20 players wasnt correct.

You may all bow down to me now.

I do wonder where the club got this 20 player limit from, it certainly sounded like they, and the Echo, believed it to be the case.

I dont like to bang my own drum but I do believe I said all along that 20 players wasnt correct.

You may all bow down to me now.

I do wonder where the club got this 20 player limit from, it certainly sounded like they, and the Echo, believed it to be the case.

I also thought it was very odd, but 19 makes no sense to me either.

Do you think it was always 18 (matchday squad), and somehow we got away with a 19th, and the FA aren't going to make us lose a player?

Or will they not less us extend Woodrow's loan?

Not sure Chris Philips helps anyone apart from himself. I'm not disgruntled so I hope he doesn't think he's speaking for me. Some people will always be disgruntled - if we won 4-0 at home each week, they'd complain it wasn't 5 and slag off Luke Prosser for hoofing it. Sensationalist journalism if you ask me.

Not sure Chris Philips helps anyone apart from himself. I'm not disgruntled so I hope he doesn't think he's speaking for me. Some people will always be disgruntled - if we won 4-0 at home each week, they'd complain it wasn't 5 and slag off Luke Prosser for hoofing it. Sensationalist journalism if you ask me.

Agreed, I'm not disgruntled either. I watched a really enjoyable display on Saturday and a team that looked the real deal. I didn't go to the daggers game not the best result but a good thing we don't have the extra games that goes with a cup run now. Like I have said before last season we lost Timlin because of the cup run and it destroyed our promotion/play offs push. Can't afford for that to happen again especially this season when we are more threadbare than ever before.

I'm sure everyone is frustrated with matters off the field (which is what the article was mainly about) and doesn't someone else actually come up with the headline? Thought that was confirmed after Corr crock-gate.

Anyway here is the article - http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/10...d_fans_becoming__disenchanted__with_the_club/

Thought that was actually quite a positive quote from Rob Craven (does he post on here?) and fair play to him for watching the youth team as well as posting match updates on twitter.

I will print any views from fans, good or bad, so if that's not how you feel send me your views and I'll do another story.
Had more than 500 words of quotes from fans yesterday and that was the overwhelming reaction, hence today's story.
Anyway, my email is chris.phillips@nqe.com so feel free to let me know your opinions.
Certainly have the space for it at the moment!

I disagree. I go in a big group of mates and there's not one of them that isn't sick to the back teeth of how the club is going at the moment. Around half have stopped going, one or two for good.

Obviously it's not the views of everyone but there's certainly enough disillusionment, particularly amongst hardcore fans who have been going home and away for years, to make a valid story.

Mind you I would say that, I'm the chief moaner in the story!

Agreed, I'm not disgruntled either.

Cant really say I'm surprised, haven't you only been to 1 game this season? Which was a 2-0 win? I wouldn't be disgruntled either.

Ive had a mixture of feelings about the games I've seen so far. Excellent combined with total ****

Cant really say I'm surprised, haven't you only been to 1 game this season? Which was a 2-0 win? I wouldn't be disgruntled either.

Ive had a mixture of feelings about the games I've seen so far. Excellent combined with total ****

I'm going to the Newport game. I also listen to all the games I don't go to. Let's be honest with ourselves, we are not going to be fighting for 1st place with the tiny squad we have so I think how we are doing reflects the limited squad depth we have. For us in our dire situation I think we aren't doing to bad. We are financial debt ridden Southend United not money bags Manchester City and I think a lot of our fans seem to forget that.

I'm going to the Newport game. I also listen to all the games I don't go to.

Calm down, it's not a competition.

Let's be honest with ourselves, we are not going to be fighting for 1st place with the tiny squad we have so I think how we are doing reflects the limited squad depth we have. For us in our dire situation I think we aren't doing to bad. We are financial debt ridden Southend United not money bags Manchester City and I think a lot of our fans seem to forget that.

well, tbh, considering we're one of the higher wage bracket teams, in this league, I'd expect more than mediocrity, season after season. Of course our financial plights are well known though.

IMO, it all just adds up & that's why so many fans are disgruntled with the whole poxy situation.

At what point did I say it was?

you got all defensive and child-like when I said you'd only been to one game, and you went, yeah but ive done this and this lol. I wasn't questioning your validity as a supporter, just pointing out, if I'd only seen one game this season & it was a 2-0 win, I wouldn't feel too disgruntled either. So again, calm down.

you got all defensive and child-like when I said you'd only been to one game, and you went, yeah but ive done this and this lol. I wasn't questioning your validity as a supporter, just pointing out, if I'd only seen one game this season & it was a 2-0 win, I wouldn't feel too disgruntled either. So again, calm down.

How is saying 'I'm going to Newport' getting defensive and child like.

I also thought it was very odd, but 19 makes no sense to me either.

Do you think it was always 18 (matchday squad), and somehow we got away with a 19th, and the FA aren't going to make us lose a player?

Or will they not less us extend Woodrow's loan?

Im not even sure if we have used 19?

Woodrow was extended so we know we are at least within our limit, whether that limit is 18 though Im not sure, maybe they let you have one more for spare or to cover long term injuries?

Can't have it both ways. We crave for information about the club and its financial situation, there is little that comes out of official sources. When someone provides it, he is accused of going on an ego trip and being sensationalist. Funnily, it's Chris Phillips job to provide us with news, be it good or bad and as a supporter like us I can't believe he would want to harm the club in any way. The only proviso here is if he himself is being manipulated and as we don't know the supplier of this info and the reasons for divulging it, it is difficult to make a judgement. Perhaps the more interesting point here is the identity of this person? One thinks automatically of PB, who could be finding far more difficult than Luggy to contain his annoyance and frustration that the present situation is causing him............this is not the garden of Eden that Ron sketched out when he was sold the job! No doubt he expected it would be difficult............ but not THIS difficult.
In conclusion, I'm sure that any one of us who had come by the information about Kiernan, would have felt compelled to publish it on here and take the brickbats and bouquets for their trouble.
I wonder who CP is going to interview this afternoon? Is there a resident cat at B&L ? :smile:

Back