• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Robbie Savage

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
Saw yesterday that Robbie Savage was being linked with a possible move back to Crewe. Fair enough he might not be Championship standard any more but I have just read that they're reportedly not interested. Port Vale might be interested but they are now a League Two side. I know he's never really set the world alight but can a player who was playing Premiership football 2 years ago really fall so fast?

Last I heard Brighton were after him.
Seems a strange one this is the first time he's played outside of the Prem for a good few years and now he looks set to drop out of the Championship after just a few months.

Surely one of the smaller championship clubs would want him?

Off to Brighton for a month it is believed. They also had a bid turned down for Gary Teale, why an earth we he join Brighton?

Robbie Savage has signed for Brighton on a months loan which sees Derby pay a substantial part of Savage's wages.

Link

And everyone said "we cannot afford someone like Savage" when I mentioned it!

If he is linked with Brighton, Wrexham and Port Vale then I would think he would have joined us.

Ah well, good signing for them.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he make a huge fuss about leaving Birmingham for Blackburn a couple of years so he could be closer to his family? And now he joins Brighton?? I know it's only 1 month but he couldn't have gone much further South if he'd tried!!

And everyone said "we cannot afford someone like Savage" when I mentioned it!

If he is linked with Brighton, Wrexham and Port Vale then I would think he would have joined us.

Ah well, good signing for them.

To be fair, he has been absolute toilet for Derby when I've seen him recently. Wouldn't really rate him higher than Christophe, Sawyer or McCormack even considering his experience.

Back