• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry but Robinson should never had his contract renewed He was pants before then And as far as I can see it was the blindness of brown Plus the bad mistake by Ron even allowing brown to up his contact .But you can say the same of Ferdinand giving a aged slow player a two year deal .Cant blame the players for snapping the hand that feeds them .

Sorry but Robinson should never had his contract renewed He was pants before then And as far as I can see it was the blindness of brown Plus the bad mistake by Ron even allowing brown to up his contact .But you can say the same of Ferdinand giving a aged slow player a two year deal .Cant blame the players for snapping the hand that feeds them .

I bet if you had done a poll on here at the end of last season over 90% would have been in favour of giving Ferdinand that new deal, he was brilliant last season and if Brown and Ron had let him go there would have been uproar.

Hopefully we can get him on loan and at least get 50% of his wages off the books. He’s so far down the pecking order now that it’s probably best for both parties if he goes. Harrison, Ladapo, Cox and Fortuné are all ahead of him and I would even rather see Wabo play ahead of him, which makes him 6th choice.

Can only imagine he’s on a decent enough whack here.

To late once the window shuts that’s it. The only loans allowed outside of the window are emergency for goalkeepers.

It’s time for Theo to knuckle right down in training and show CP he should be playing. He had a great game last season against Oxford and caused so much trouble as a sub. He completely changed the dynamics of the game and Oxford didn’t know what to do with him. It’s either knuckle down or just rot on the bench it’s down to him to decide. There is a decent player in there I’ve seen it! Just got to put the effort in and get that player out there.

One moment to dream:

Robinson speeeding down one wing whilst McGlashan speeds down the other..... we've got two strikers with real pace.

Unfortunately they can't cross accurately, so it'll remain a dream I trow.......

I can’t help but think Theo’s signing was another one of Ron’s ideas of bringing an ex player back hoping to rekindle former glories. It also didn’t work with Eastwood, Barnard, Sawyer, Moussa - even Barrett’s second spell ended on a sour note. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson from this. Bringing an ex player back as a manager is a better idea though :winking:

Prior, Edwards, Flahavan. Never works...

IIRC the 3 year deal was a restructure of a 2 year deal for longer term security and so he could settle in the area. It’s unrealistic to think that 6 month on that need won’t still be there. He will be with us until either a local team comes in for him or his contract ticks down or nearly ticks down. And to be honest, I can’t blame him - it’s a job to him and his family’s wellbeing at the end of the day

Come on Billericay; you know you want to !

I agree OBL, but I can't see him getting on the pitch for a long enough period to produce anything.

He has to be 5th or 6th choice after signing two new forwards, so clearly Chirs Powell doesn't see him in his immediate plans. A loan spell and game time in order to rediscover some form, makes more sense IMO.

Yes. How does Robbo get time on the pitch?

I bet if you had done a poll on here at the end of last season over 90% would have been in favour of giving Ferdinand that new deal, he was brilliant last season and if Brown and Ron had let him go there would have been uproar.

I agree Ferdinand was good last season but he burnt out towards the end. He should never have got a 2 year deal in the summer. I'd have been fine with him getting a year

I can’t help but think Theo’s signing was another one of Ron’s ideas of bringing an ex player back hoping to rekindle former glories. It also didn’t work with Eastwood, Barnard, Sawyer, Moussa - even Barrett’s second spell ended on a sour note. Hopefully he has learnt his lesson from this. Bringing an ex player back as a manager is a better idea though :winking:

Peter Taylors experience might indicate differently , and to borrow your phrase ,Even Tillys spell ended on a sour note

When he signed he said the big thin for him and his family was security and a long term contract. So the surprise would be if anyone was surprised he was going to be reluctant for a move- unless it was also a long term contract (not just a year), local (so not disrupting his family again) and on the same money or more.

Son we have 7 forwards (including Wabo and Ba) fighting for 2 slots...if you have the shirt best not give it away with a poor performance or two.

Given Theo is staying the don't write him off completely- we know from his previous spell and Lincoln there is a player in there and in the end I am sure Mr Powell will be selecting on merit from what he sees in training, on the pitch, U23s etc.

He might regret signing for one year longer but his penalty at Wembley and then having that trophy in his hands.. Whatever he achieves in life that will always be one of the best days for Adam and luckily he got to share it with 20,000 friends.

If that's failure heap some on my plate in large dollops please.

I think sometimes the human element gets missed in these scenarios...he has a young family and wants himself and his family to be settled somewhere for many reasons. Disrupting that is just not the right reason often. No blame or surprise at theos decision.

He might regret signing for one year longer but his penalty at Wembley and then having that trophy in his hands.. Whatever he achieves in life that will always be one of the best days for Adam and luckily he got to share it with 20,000 friends.

If that's failure heap some on my plate in large dollops please.

I second that. Sir Adam of Barrett will always be a legend in my eyes, a heart of a Lion!:Worthy:

I think sometimes the human element gets missed in these scenarios...he has a young family and wants himself and his family to be settled somewhere for many reasons. Disrupting that is just not the right reason often. No blame or surprise at theos decision.

I don't have a problem with the many reasons bit, it's the many seasons that I struggle with.

I think the thing to remember with Theo's signing was that at that time, we were very short of strikers.

Cox & Fortune were the only two. Nile was serving an FA ban and had that court case looming in the April.

It was January 31st and Theo had just scored a few goals in Lincoln's cup run and caught a bit of attention.

Add to that the old player coming back to RH scenario and it all looked a cosy deal.

Enter the agent, upping the ante with contract demands and Theo wanting a bit of security if he was going to move back down South and there's your 3 year deal. We would have also thought that if it doesn't work out, we could get a fee selling him on after a year or two anyway.

The rest of last season it looked a half decent bit of business, but with Nile coming back at the start of this season, Theo's been benched and has under-performed, leaving us with a bit of a headache.

At the time, though, maybe 3 years was all we could get him and the agent to agree on.

I think the thing to remember with Theo's signing was that at that time, we were very short of strikers.

Cox & Fortune were the only two. Nile was serving an FA ban and had that court case looming in the April.

It was January 31st and Theo had just scored a few goals in Lincoln's cup run and caught a bit of attention.

Add to that the old player coming back to RH scenario and it all looked a cosy deal.

Enter the agent, upping the ante with contract demands and Theo wanting a bit of security if he was going to move back down South and there's your 3 year deal. We would have also thought that if it doesn't work out, we could get a fee selling him on after a year or two anyway.

The rest of last season it looked a half decent bit of business, but with Nile coming back at the start of this season, Theo's been benched and has under-performed, leaving us with a bit of a headache.

At the time, though, maybe 3 years was all we could get him and the agent to agree on.

The other thing to remember is that we could have signed him for free earlier that summer and chose not to....

Robinson is still a good player to have in the squad, all he needs is a goal to get his confidence going, he does need a run of games tho and surprised a loan move was turned down by himself, good for him tho as he will add good competition up front for places:thumbsup:

May be settled in his house, family life may be happy - who knows?

Why should he leave just because we don't want him anymore?

I don't blame him at all and personally would only move under my terms not my employers with whom I have a valid contract

Back