• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I’ve got to say I think this is really poor form from Ron Martin. On the one hand he’s honoured an agreement with another chairman which is commendable, even if it is for Colchester. But to publicly come out and basically say they want rid of Theo to whoever will take him and say with other strikers joining he won’t play, is for for me a bit harsh.

I’m not saying that any of what he said isn’t true, we all know that’s very likely the situation. However I’d have preferred it if he’d said something like “Theo’s loan move broke down which is unfortunate coz he was keen to go out and get some games. But as he’s staying he’s gonna knuckle down and try and work his way into the side.”

I just think having your chairman come out in the local paper saying you’re **** is very poor form and the kind of thing Phil Brown was slated for on here.

Was always suspicious of how much care he took over his hair.

Ba and Wabo are still at the stage where they need to prove themselves. A new manager is the ideal scenario.
What is absolutely obvious is that Chris Powell has been at the club a week and a couple of days. He has taken training and formed initial opinions on players. Plus I imagine he has asked Kev Maher and possibly Ricky Duncan their thoughts on how players have performed.
Who is the only senior player Chris has decided is not good enough and wanted to offload within a week of arriving?

Not over the top. Every single time I have seen Theo play i have been amazed he is a pro..or selected. I then read consistently how awful Theo is this season. Yet some people ignore his consistent woeful appearances and hark back to "one day long ago". The fact is...Theo is awful 8 times out of 10.

He did Ok when he came on V Blackburn, missed a good chance and set up an easier chance for Fortune. Then got a start v Newport and made a great run and got cross over to Cox who should have scored just before half time....Who knew then that that would be the story of our season.

Cant remember him starting a league game after that until Portsmouth away. He actually made some good runs off the shoulder of the last defender. Haven't seen anyone else who can play that way in a Southend shirt for a number of years. Mooney or MAF just end up off-side. Unfortunately for Theo every pass was over hit or in the wrong area.

Of course we had the penalty fiasco that day and Ranger and Robinson were nowhere to be seen at MK on the Tuesday. Read into that what you want but Theo wasn't even on the bench after that, apart from Peterborough in the Check-a-trade.
Now of course the standard thing is to blame PB if a player falls out of favour but why is CP happy to move him on and why is Ron so disappointed that he hasn't....no inside info....just saying.

True but I did mean my own MOM as I never take any notice of the sponsors choice.

Neither do I but as luck would have it I was in the sponsors box that day and was out voted:thumbdown:

The problem Theo has is he's a great sub to have when you're winning. He can come on and stretch games and last season I thought he was a genuine asset. As we've struggled this year, he really hasn't been the answer at all. Doesn't really have a goal in him and is actually quite clumsy on the ball a lot of the time.

Good move to turn down Colchester, who wants to play in front of 3,000 fans.

Most of the Pigs’ fans keep praying their “gates” might rise to that level(due to large numbers of visiting fans).

There are a number of people arguing that Theo rejecting a move is no bad thing.
I am amazed.
OK I have not seen him play this season..but have seen him play previously. He performed to a level where he would be included in my all-time worst Southend United 11. Absolutely atrocious.
A complete and utter waste of resources and squad place.
Nice guy. Enthusiastic. Hard worker.
A professional footballer? Not in a million years.

Then I am amazed you are able to comment.

As it happens, I've not seen him play this season, though I have seen him on the pitch with a shirt on during game time.

I actually don't think he is a bad player, and at times last season he was top drawer - maybe he is just someone who needs a change of manager. But I suspect the two new additions and the development of Wabo will ensure he will be spend the remainder of his time here warming a seat in the Directors Box.

I can't blame him for not wanting to move. Lets face it if your employer said "sit on your arse for three years and we will still pay you", then you would.

There are a number of people arguing that Theo rejecting a move is no bad thing.
I am amazed.
OK I have not seen him play this season..but have seen him play previously. He performed to a level where he would be included in my all-time worst Southend United 11. Absolutely atrocious.
A complete and utter waste of resources and squad place.
Nice guy. Enthusiastic. Hard worker.
A professional footballer? Not in a million years.

Yet played for big clubs in the championship so thats kind of invalidated that point... :stunned:

There's a good player in there (ok, maybe was) but for whatever reason, his confidence is shot (wonder if he reads SZ).

Everyone should have a fresh start under Powell and hopefully will be the kick up the backside he needs.

Let's see. In my opinion.. and i have seen Theo play many times!!! - he is a terrible player.

I would say he's a good player that is playing badly. Maybe a change of manager will be of benefit to him. Maybe not, let's wait and see.

Rubbish!! you obviously didnt watch him when he first moved to southend from derby.was undoubtedly one of our best forwards ive seen.and i think powell can get him back to somewhere near that level ! But not sure he will be given the chance too

Back