• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Robson confirmed as technical director!

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
....of Rushden & Diamonds:

STEWART ROBSON CONFIRMED AS TECHNICAL DIRECTOR

"After recent discussions with the New Consortium, it did not take me very long to be persuaded to accept the position of Technical Director of Football.

The New Owners have shown a level of passion and commitment to Rushden and Diamonds which makes me delighted to be part of the new team, I believe that alongside Ernie we can build a squad to challenge for promotion next season.

I have already put in place a rigorous training programme for the players during the closed season with a view to them being at the fitness level I require when they return. We have requested the players to return from their summer break a week earlier than previously scheduled to allow adequate preparation to meet the challenge of the forthcoming season."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,09:49)]....of Rushden & Diamonds:

"After recent discussions with the New Consortium, it did not take me very long to be persuaded to accept the position of Technical Director of Football.

The New Owners have shown a level of passion and commitment to Rushden and Diamonds which makes me delighted to be part of the new team, I believe that alongside Ernie we can build a squad to challenge for promotion next season.

I have already put in place a rigorous training programme for the players during the closed season with a view to them being at the fitness level I require when they return. We have requested the players to return from their summer break a week earlier than previously scheduled to allow adequate preparation to meet the challenge of the forthcoming season."
Sounds similar to some team last season.
laugh.gif

They'll play good for the first two games, then be in a relegation scr*p.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ShrimperJim @ May 18 2004,09:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,09:49)]....of Rushden & Diamonds:

Sounds similar to some team last season.  
laugh.gif

They'll play good for the first two games, then be in a relegation scr*p.
You know we'll have to play them first game of the season, and lose to them, then they go on a 19 games without a win run!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif

Our loss etc.

Very controversial this to be ( I expect). I was, and still am a fan !

He is going places !

Banksy, yes Robson is going places.... Canvey, Dagenham, Stevenage and all the conference sides he will lead Rushden to by this time next year! Its obviously a better place at Roots Hall without him. RM was wrong to bring him in as coach over Newman's head, it had an unsettling effect on the side and it led to the end of both Newman and Wignall IMO.

Forget the West Spam connection !

He's talent ! And it was Wignal that could not cope with his undoubtedbly ability !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ May 18 2004,10:39)]No wonder Andy Edwards got out as soon as he did then.
Isn't Leo Roget there?

I love silly season.

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Banksy,

Please, don&#39;t take offense, but...

are you f**king mad?</span>

The way Banksy sounded out, are he a Colchester Ewes fans
rock.gif
someone who like Robson to stay so they can claim the Essex No1 title off us.

I some of the player never look like enjoying training under Robson &amp; Mr Steve &quot;No Passion In His Eye&quot; Wignall ..... Look how much thing changed under Tilson - Players now cannot wait to train every week &amp; look forward to match (if they get selected) under Tilson.

To get success on the pitch, its depend how the players enjoy playing for the manager - Look at Crystal Palace under Dowie, from relegation to brink of Premiership in space of 6 months.

We never saw Robson in sole charge . That&#39;s the problem &#33;

And BY THE WAY - I AM SUFC THROUGH AND THROUGH &#33;

McSweeney&#39;s good form seemed to coincede with Robson&#39;s tenure as coach. He improved dramatically whilst Robson was there and his form evaporated once he&#39;d left. That makes me think Robson may have been a good coach to get so much out of a player who&#39;d previously shown so little.

Robson is also reknowned as a hard task-master and I&#39;ve already suggested today some players are happy playing in their comfort zones. If players didn&#39;t enjoy training was this because Robson was a bad coach or the players had a bad attitude and were unwilling to be pushed? I don&#39;t know and therefore wouldn&#39;t be quick to predict Rushden&#39;s demise on the basis of Robson&#39;s appointment.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ May 18 2004,14:13)]McSweeney&#39;s good form seemed to coincede with Robson&#39;s tenure as coach. He improved dramatically whilst Robson was there and his form evaporated once he&#39;d left. That makes me think Robson may have been a good coach to get so much out of a player who&#39;d previously shown so little.

Robson is also reknowned as a hard task-master and I&#39;ve already suggested today some players are happy playing in their comfort zones. If players didn&#39;t enjoy training was this because Robson was a bad coach or the players had a bad attitude and were unwilling to be pushed? I don&#39;t know and therefore wouldn&#39;t be quick to predict Rushden&#39;s demise on the basis of Robson&#39;s appointment.
Yorkshire Blue, You are on my wave length albeit I don&#39;t expect you to agree. I agree with what you say. Robson on his own would have been good for us &#33;

How do we know players didn&#39;t enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 18 2004,14:27)]How do we know players didn&#39;t enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...
THANK YOU &#33;

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 18 2004,14:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 18 2004,14:27)]How do we know players didn&#39;t enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...
THANK YOU &#33;
Yes but they would say that wouldn&#39;t they?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,14:32)]
[b said:
[b said:
THANK YOU &#33;
But they did &#33;

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
THANK YOU &#33;
tounge.gif
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,14:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 18 2004,14:27)]How do we know players didn't enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...
THANK YOU !
Yes but they would say that wouldn't they?
tounge.gif

wow.gif
Could you spell the again tw*t !

Back