• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Robson confirmed as technical director!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 18 2004,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ May 18 2004,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 18 2004,14:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 18 2004,14:27)]How do we know players didn't enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...
THANK YOU !
Yes but they would say that wouldn't they?
tounge.gif

wow.gif
Could you spell the again tw*t !
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 18 2004,14:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 18 2004,14:27)]How do we know players didn't enjoy training under Robson? I seem to remember quotes from Jenkins and Rawle among others saying the level of professionalism had never been so high at the club...
THANK YOU !
But they did !
Eh? You've obviously missed the point again, so I'll explain.

Mark Rawle/Neil Jenkins are hardly likely to come out and say 'trainings sh*t, we're being worked too hard, i don't like Stewart Robson' because

A. They want to keep their places in the starting XI

B. They want to be offered contracts at the end of the season.

C. They want to endear themselves to the fans, who want to know that maximum effort is being put in.

So therefore it is much easier to just say 'trainings brilliant' when questioned by the press and save any grievances they have for their own private thoughts and/or meetings with the powers that be.

I'm not saying that Stewart Robson is necessarily a bad coach or a good coach, but his record whilst at SUFC speaks for itself, and we're better off as we are now IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,14:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Banksy @ May 18 2004,14:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 18 2004,14:33)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
THANK YOU !
tounge.gif

wow.gif
Could you spell the again tw*t !
I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago....
laugh.gif
Banksy, why are you getting upset by this, when he's calling me a ****?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

A couple of points to add to this:-

1) Robson did take charge briefly between Newman and Wignall at the end of the previous season. From memory the team passed the ball around a bit more, but didn't look very organised and didn't have any will to win.

2) When Robson was in charge of training, I was told that B&L was like a prison camp and totally the wrong atmosphere for building team spirit.

We will soon know if any of this is correct from Rushdens performances next season.
Anyway, who cares, Tilly and Brush are the only coaching staff we should be interested in!

IMO Robson is quite clearly an excellent coach - his record while in charge of the Wimbledon youth set up is extraordinary; an unusually large number of those players are now playing first team football (eg Mc Anuff and Reo-Coker at West Ham) - he must be at least partly responsible for that!!

And yes, many of the players (and Wignall!) praised the quality of his coaching. Yes, he may be demanding but he is looking after supposedly professional people who should want to improve; the fact that SOME of the players did not like it says more about them than him.

I have also read some people having a swipe at the rigorous pre season training! What do you think that was for?! Presumably, so that the players would last the season and still be performing come March, April and May. We had a great end to the season so maybe - although many of you won't want to admit it - that hard work pre season contributed to that.

Oh, and by the way, have you read Robson slagging the club / individuals off since he left (unlike some others!)? The guy has got some dignity.

SS

Back