• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

benny the blue

Youth Team
Lets have a look at things yesterday.

I wasted my whole day and a lot of money to go and watch a team who put in a performance that can only be described as complete and utter sh*t!
mad.gif

We lost 2-0. I wouldnt be as upset if we lost and showed fight but be didnt show a single thing.

NO SKILL, NO PASSION, NO DESIRE!!!!

THE KEY INGREDIENTS FOR CONFERENCE FOOTBALL

I dont think one single player actually offered anything yesterday. You could not single one player of ours out for man of the match. Im sure if you asked the players at the end not one of them could look you in the face and say they had given there best. At least at Lincoln they showed some fight and the fans could see that, but there wasnt a bean of effort yesterday!

More worryingly I feel that we again showed a distinct lack of fitness compared to the opposition. Our players seem a few good yards slower and very sloppy at doing the basic things right.

In regards to what I have seen on other posts and topics about people who travelled to Rochdale being bad fans for not clapping the team off at the end and booing them! TO FUC*KING RIGHT RIGHT THEY WERE BOOED OFF!!!!

Those players were a disgrace to our football club and didnt deserve the support that they recieved. Myself and others were more than entitled to boo and jeer them for that pathetic display. You cant say oh well never mind better luck next week. If you are one of those that applauded that shower of sh*t that called themselves professional footballers yesterday then more fool you! It was on a worse than the displays witnessed under Wignall, Martin and Newmans teams.

Even at this early stage of the season the league is starting to take shape and we are being left well behind, another poor season at the bottom of the league beckons. My biggest worry now is when we travel to West Ham who will have have a field day a rack up a cricket score against us if we continue to play like this!

Southend fans can only pray that Jay Smith returns to the starting line up asap! He is the only player whom we have with the skill and vision to create anything. Also the return of Bramble will be a major boost to our poor forward line who offer nothing. We could have played all season without scoring a goal or creating real chances. The movement of our players off the ball in the attacking third is non-existant. Why not try Jimmy or Husbands they both have a point to prove and would surely be more effective than Pettefer!

Lets hope for a win against Cambridge on saturday because boy we need it!

I couldn't agree more. Sitting on that coach outside their ground, you could see and feel all the Rochdale supporters that were walking past were laughing at us. I also heard our supporters giving the players the bird. I have traveled from one part of the country to the other in support of our club. But in three matches so far this season, two of those games Tilson's players have let the supporters down, the good name of the club, and most of all Steve Tilson. How much longer is it going to be before the fans start calling for Tilson's head? Well, I for one don't blame him in any way shape or form, but I do blame that shower and so called star players for getting paid under false pretences .
mad.gif

mad.gif

(Sorry, Pete. I just edited your post to make it more readable as you make some valid points ... )

[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ Aug. 15 2004,22:02)]Tilson's players have let the supporters down, the good name of the club, and most of all Steve Tilson. How much longer is it going to be before the fans start calling for Tilson's head? Well, I for one don't blame him in any way shape or form, but I do blame that shower and so called star players for getting paid under false pretences .
mad.gif

mad.gif
That is exactly what I am trying to say. There cant be one person who witnessed that display and could actually defend any of our players and say they did well!

If they continue to play like that then it wont be long before we get into that our favourite routine of trying to sack the manager! It makes you wonder how much we actually did depend on the two Leons last season when we were doing well.
rock.gif

Well i can defend Jupp , Bently and Spinner (shame he went off).

For heavens sake , it swas on teh cards , bottom of teh league , no points one rejested goal , they had an appaling record against as !! And any team that defends as if their lives depend apon it (mind you they keep defending like that they'll have a stake of injuries come christmas !). It was an off day . They didnt deserve the abuse they recieved (of which it was a grand total of 2 supporters !).
I was on the same coach with Grim up north (hello again !) and no fans sneer or laughed at as , they just looked relevead.

Ill worry if after 10 games were still the same but not after 3 where 2 have been away games up north !!!

Defend Jupp ? He was out of position for the first goal, with a move breaking down and him failing to bother to track back, leaving us exposed, and slipped on his arse for the second goal. If we were good enough and only had to worry about defenders going forward, fine, but part of his role is to track back and defend which he seems to forget !!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ Aug. 15 2004,22:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (petejan @ Aug. 15 2004,22:02)]Tilson's players have let the supporters down, the good name of the club, and most of all Steve Tilson. How much longer is it going to be before the fans start calling for Tilson's head? Well, I for one don't blame him in any way shape or form, but I do blame that shower and so called star players for getting paid under false pretences .
mad.gif

mad.gif
That is exactly what I am trying to say. There cant be one person who witnessed that display and could actually defend any of our players and say they did well!

If they continue to play like that then it wont be long before we get into that our favourite routine of trying to sack the manager! It makes you wonder how much we actually did depend on the two Leons last season when we were doing well.  
rock.gif
It more makes me wonder what is actually happening behind the scenes at the club, Because every manager that has been at the club for the last 12 years can't all be sh*t

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet Blue @ Aug. 16 2004,09:16)]Defend Jupp ? He was out of position for the first goal, with a move breaking down and him failing to bother to track back, leaving us exposed, and slipped on his arse for the second goal. If we were good enough and only had to worry about defenders going forward, fine, but part of his role is to track back and defend which he seems to forget !!
You mean that 30 yard curler into the top right hand corner , i think Spiderman would have had difficulty getting that one.

Also the second goal was a penalty so im not sure him being on his arse had any effect on its been taken ?

And everyone was (in red anyway !)falling over , due to the sadly substandard pitch.

Jupp ran his line well , pushed up when needed. As he has in all previous games. Sadly his not some wunderkind that can transform a game on a turn (thats Gower , HOPEFULLY !!). But he has played well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (benny the blue @ Aug. 15 2004,19:34)]Lets have a look at things yesterday.

I wasted my whole day and a lot of money to go and watch a team who put in a performance that can only be described as complete and utter sh*t!
mad.gif

We lost 2-0. I wouldnt be as upset if we lost and showed fight but be didnt show a single thing.

NO SKILL, NO PASSION, NO DESIRE!!!!

THE KEY INGREDIENTS FOR CONFERENCE FOOTBALL

I dont think one single player actually offered anything yesterday. You could not single one player of ours out for man of the match. Im sure if you asked the players at the end not one of them could look you in the face and say they had given there best. At least at Lincoln they showed some fight and the fans could see that, but there wasnt a bean of effort yesterday!

More worryingly I feel that we again showed a distinct lack of fitness compared to the opposition. Our players seem a few good yards slower and very sloppy at doing the basic things right.

In regards to what I have seen on other posts and topics about people who travelled to Rochdale being bad fans for not clapping the team off at the end and booing them! TO FUC*KING RIGHT RIGHT THEY WERE BOOED OFF!!!!
I agree with what you're saying.

I think there's a line... and whilst booing and jeering is one thing, calling SUFC players (or anybody) the 'c' word (in my book) is crossing it and can be counter productive.

I was bitterly upset on Saturday... even though I didn't make the trip... but I do make the trip sometimes... from Malta. I've seen some terrible results and performances at the end of such trips, so i know what you're talking about.

I felt bad for my brother as well as other supporters. He made the trip... he was upset... and disgusted with the way some 'fans' verbally abused our players.

Booing, okay... verbal abuse... I have to disagree with personally.

Back