• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I would like to congratulate all long term Rochdale fans, a shing example to all these glory Premier fans!

1968-69 Rochdale were promoted from Division Four, I was there with Mick, Nobbler and others it was our third trip to Rochdale that season, the first two had been postponed having reached Manchester tthe first time and Rochdale on a Tuesday night before finding out the match was off. The match was re-arranged for about the last match of the season. We lost dismally 3-0 Rochdale were promoted their FIRST ever promotion, we werer comdemned to our fourth season in Division Four.

FORTY-ONE YEARS Later in 2010 they were promoted for a SECOND time. Forty-one years without promotion and we're going spare at out third season trying to get promotion.

In all Rochdale have spent 77 of their 85 years in the bottom tier, and fans that can stick with their club with so little respect deserves my utmost respect.

HOWEVER THIS RESPECTS END TONIGHT AT 7.45 P.M. OF COURSE!!!!

I would like to congratulate all long term Rochdale fans, a shing example to all these glory Premier fans!

1968-69 Rochdale were promoted from Division Four, I was there with Mick, Nobbler and others it was our third trip to Rochdale that season, the first two had been postponed having reached Manchester the first time ..........

..... remember it fairly well. It was just after Christmas I think. We went to Bury 5 Fulham 1.

No respect for the Rochdale program seller one time we played there when he tried to short change us for a program. It was an attempt that he tried without success and he may not have been a fan. Mistrust has lingered, sorry, and thus jury still out for any respect:winking:

..... remember it fairly well. It was just after Christmas I think. We went to Bury 5 Fulham 1.

28th December quite right that season both Bury and Fulham were relegated.

I think the second was on Tuesday 31st March, we went by train (would we have got back by train?), but got a lift back on the players coach.

Always liked going Rochdale good away day normally.They have certainly had their fair share of fourth tier football! Always hard for smaller clubs in that area to keep getting fans through the gate, must easily be the most densely populated for football league clubs

Back