• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If this game goes ahead this will be our biggest game of the season so far as we need a result more than ever now or we will get dragged into it, I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

This is obviously huge for Brown, if he can't beat a lowly Rochdale then he's quite clearly not deserving of the job.

Need fresh faces urgently, if same current squad play can only see 3-0 defeat. If we somehow make some signings will review.

The fact we are playing a team with only 4 wins and I have zero confidence of getting a result is very depressing.

Can't understand fortune ahead of Wabo in people's teams. Another player who got a nice deal after a few good games.

because Fortune holds the ball up and allows Cox and others to play off him. A striker holding the ball up is massive at this level. Let Wabo develop without us putting all our hopes on him before he's done anything

because Fortune holds the ball up and allows Cox and others to play off him. A striker holding the ball up is massive at this level. Let Wabo develop without us putting all our hopes on him before he's done anything

Fortunes goal scoring record is abysmal, pointless him playing, need 2 strikers who can score. Yes he looks neat on the ball, but zero end product and not clinical enough, journeyman player at the end of his career. We need to cut to the chase, Wabo for me everyday!!

Fortunes goal scoring record is abysmal, pointless him playing, need 2 strikers who can score. Yes he looks neat on the ball, but zero end product and not clinical enough, journeyman player at the end of his career. We need to cut to the chase, Wabo for me everyday!!

Oxley hasn’t scored once for us yet either!

Rochdale have lost four on the trot; so have we. So both teams will start with little confidence one would think, although Rochdale are at home and we have a poor record there in recent years (but I do recall watching a terrific win there about five years ago when Hogan went off early for them and we scored four, I think). Having seen us in the last two games and witnessed the way we crumbled in each second half after holding our own in the first, one cannot be optimistic. The opposition scoring first has often signalled a defeat sadly; it seems that the lack of a will to fight back is a problem with the current squad.
Currently PB is trying to recruit but without success thus far. Fitness of our CBs will be a big factor in who plays, as well as PB's confidence in the likes of Kyp and Dru ( the latter not even on the bench last Saturday). I do hope Norman gets a start. He could be a surprise packet, with his eye for goal and being prepared to battle it out. In normal circumstances a draw would be a half decent outcome but now we must be looking for three points. Rochdale have two games in hand on us and will be just six points behind us come Saturday night were we to lose. That old warhorse Calvin Andrew is still plying his trade for Dale. A handful and has been a thorn in our side before. Need to keep him and Henderson on a tight leash.

Come on Blues, produce a battling display which results in three juicy points. What a tonic that would be, and a real blow to Dale.

Will the game be played? Weather up North isn’t looking too good.

If it were to be postponed i think that would be good for us , give the new manager a chance to get to know the players and vica versa.Also should we sign any players whether on contract or loanees it would give them a chance to get to know the players etc ,also may give the players a chance to galvanise and be one unit .

This game becomes really interesting now and I’m gutted I can’t go - I suspect we’ll get a bounce.
Team selection could be anything. I fancy there will be a new formation, and also we have someone in charge who knows the kids at our club so wonder if a couple of them might feature.
The only thing I ask for is we play a left footer on the left and a right footer on the right - one simple thing that Brown never fancied and always left us hamstrung.

With Ricky Duncan and Kevin Maher in temporary charge at present, and presumably in the planning for this game it will be interesting in how they view the involvement of the younger player, like Wabo and Yearwood, who they will know very well.
The tactics of the reserve/youth teams have been much more aligned to getting forward than "clean sheet" too. And Rochdale pitch was very good last year so I am starting to wish I could have got along to this (and had a pie too!)

I'd look to go something like:

Oxley
Bwomono Turner Kyprianou Coker
Demetriou Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Fortune Cox

Fresh legs from the bench with Wabo and McGlashan

Would provide a better balance of youth and experience and defence and attack than we're use to.

Back