• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Putting today behind us, there are a lot of questions over the team, not including any potential signings (ha!) that might come in. For me I'd go;

Oxley

Coker - White - Kyprianou - Demetriou
Kightly - Timlin - Yearwood - McLaughlin
Cox - Wabo

Subs: Bishop, Ba, Fortune, McGlashan, Ferdinand, Hendrie and Bedford

Add in signings should they happen or any players back from injury . Just keep it a simple 4-4-2

No one can guess the line up. Rochdale are woeful. We are woeful. It's a going to be a terrible match and hopefully we can grab 3 points

Oxley
Demitrou White Kyprianou Coker
Kightly Yearwood Timlin McLaughlin
Cox Wabo

Can we at least attempt to get 11 players in their actual positions please?

Oxley
Cox Wabo

Yep, that's how I would have it and as a diamond with Timlin at the bottom and Yearwood in an advanced role, behind Cox and Wabo.

As Saturday , with Kyp in for Turner . and train at the formation all f****g week !!!

And then if Glash or McGlaughlin don't do their job and get closer to Cox when we are attacking , or if we are not winning at 60 , Min 442 , Ferdinand off , Norman on , Cox off , MAF on .

I wouldn't start Norm yet , because that is a lot of pressure early on, and then if he reverts to the bench it will be seen as a dropping and another youngsters confidence takes a hit.
Give him half an hour , keep him in the U23s to keep his goalscoring head, and only start him if he starts scoring in the First team .

Oxley
Cox Wabo

That's what every one would pick except Brown, who wont pick the youngsters, and will play Hendrie, McGlashan and Ferdinand same as Saturday.

That's what every one would pick except Brown, who wont pick the youngsters, and will play Hendrie, McGlashan and Ferdinand same as Saturday.

I wouldn't. Anyway what about our new signings we have to leave room for them.

We'll beat Rochdale. I've just blocked the curse of Vile Nile Ranger for one game only.

Cant play Cox and Wabo up front together as part of a 4-4-2

Nothing would stick when we resort to hoofing balls to both of our diminuative forwards.

Fair point.

However, we are where we are, so what would you do with the personnel we have available, do you think?

I'd start Fortune up with Cox myself.

Oxley
Demetriou White Kyprianou Coker
Cox Fortune

if anyone else is available I'd look at bringing them in, but probably from the bench

Oxley
Demi. White. Kyp. Coker
Kightly. Timlin. Yearwood. McLaughlin
Cox. Fortune.

Bit of a risk having 1 up front and 2 keepers, but it’s what PB will go with.

Back