• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Our last eleven home matches against Rochale have produced 8 wins and 3 draws. The last home defeat was in 1985.
These matches included a 4 goal haul, two 5s and an incredible recovery from 3-0 down at half time for a point.

Anyway, the man in charge tomorrow is second year referee Carl Berry from Cheam in Surrey.

He has refereed Southend twice before - firstly, last season's opener and customary win against Hereford at home. He did okay as far as I can recall with Hereford just shading the yellow cards 3-2.

The second was the 1-0 defeat at Bristol Rovers last season when a somewhat "soft" late Harrold penalty clinched the points. We had a good shout for a penalty ourselves which was marginally outside the box. One yellow apiece with Prosser getting ours.

He has refereed Rochdale just once in a 3-1 defeat at Exeter.

His yellow card count is decidedly average with 35 from 12 matches with a slightly high 4 reds ( 3 of which, unusually, have been shown to home players). He has yet to referee a cardless League match.

Assistants are Chris O'Donnell from Leighton Buzzard and Michael George from North Walsham in Norfolk. Fourth Official is once again Adrian Sannerude from Lowestoft..

Pedantic jobsworth.
Yes , I understand that free kicks cannot be taken from wherever the team awarded one wants to take it , but come on , when it's on or around the half way line or even deeper , does it matter a yard or two each way ???

What annoys me even more is linesmen ( that's what they are ) who wont make a decision until they are sure what the ref thinks.
They are there to assist , and if they see something , they should have the balls to act on it.

I'm always on at the refs but todays was as useless as the majority of others. Inconsistent; and unable to see blatant pushes all through the game. Well in that instant he was consistent I guess. Didnt play advantage well. Lost the game at points. Poor

Back