• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rock and Chips

Yeah same here, liked the way it was done a bit more serious. I had visions of awful contrived comedy like Green Green Grass.

Yep, Sullivan back to his best.
It was bugging me how Del's mum was all the way through, but upon seeing it was Kellie Bright when the credits came up I then realised she was Ali G's Mrs in the movie & also was in that pi55poor sitcom The Upper Hand when she was a teenager.

If it was that good, why did the Beeb not have this as one of the highlights of it's Xmas schedules, rather than a terrible half-ar5ed attempt at The Royle Family and Gavin & Stacey ending like a damp squib.

I wonder if they've got at least enough material in when Ma Trotter gets sick and ends up dying? Not exactly the most cheery of subjects, but great comedy can sometimes be bore out of such situations. Look at how they did Grandad's funeral in the original series.

Thought some of the casting was excellent too, especially Phil Daniels as Grandad.

Do I need to answer if I watched an OFAH spin off? Did at any time they say "Rodney you plonker?"

Besides 24 was starting ;)

I thought it was pretty good. The actors got the characters spot on in my opinion. Using the old OFAH type gags that made them a household name.

Yeah, I thought it was very good.

I heard an interview with the writer John Sullivan who explained the nature of the piece (comedy-drama rather than a flat out OFAH style comedy) and that it was a more of a scene setter that hopefully lays out the characters for a potential series.

Thought it was nicely done and sat well in that Sunday night slot.

Was loving some of the music on there

This as well!

John Sullivan said that he wanted all the music to have a meaning and a source. Apparently he detests how in programs like Heartbeat they randomly have a tune playing in the background for no other reason than its a scene filler.

He said he wanted to know where the music was coming from (radio, jukebox etc) and why it was being played.

Like you say TB there were some cracking tunes in it last night.

I only saw the last 20 mins. The excellent James Buckly of Inbetweeners fame conveyed a young DelBoy very well, IMO

Really enjoyed it, thought it was well done, the casting was spot on, though Del Mum Kellie Bright was excellent in a her role as was James Buckley as young Del.

I'm if done right a series or some more specials up to Del Mum's passing and Del becoming head of the family could be excellent.

(Also a friend of mine was a extra in the cafe scene so that gave me another reason to tune in.)

Back