• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rockstar by Nickleback

Cheese or genius?

• Yes! It's a work of genius!

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • It's ferking terrible!

Votes: 21 46.7%

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
After spending a delightful evening in a Lloyds Bar in Central MK on Friday, this track must have been played about 5 times in the space of three hours or so... Now I can't get the sodding thing out of my head.

I can't decide whether this is a terrible bit of American Rawk or one of the greatest songs ever....

Thoughts....

Was half decent and original when it first came out, Now i've had enough of it and it's increasingly irritating.

Well as it is a quite a tongue in cheek song, I think they have managed to a get a tune that will get people humming/singing it. Like any song the more it is played the more it will become an object of hate.

annoyingly catchy... it's not the worst song in the world and the lyrics are quite witty. Anyone who goes to Lloyds in MK deserves that song on repeat as their punishment!

annoyingly catchy... it's not the worst song in the world and the lyrics are quite witty. Anyone who goes to Lloyds in MK deserves that song on repeat as their punishment!

Lol, I was just following la femme :)

Usual Yank-rock rubbish.

Nickleback should be shot at dawn for inflicting the risible "How You Remind Me" upon us :madman:

I like it, but I wouldn't say it's a work of genius, however, not much option in the poll so I've had to go with that - it's certainly not a load of rubbish.

Its crap. :thumbdown:

Thus speaks the voice of rock.

waynesworldap.jpg

Good track, not one of their best, but as a big Nickelback fan, very pleased to see them in the top three, usually the exclusive domain of X-Factor winners and tick all the boxes commercial dance music. I maintain that 'How You Remind Me' is as close to pop/rock perfection as it's possible to be.

Oh Christ, I'm so disappointed in some of you. It's absolutely ****ing rubbish and all those responsible for it should be lined up against a wall at dawn and shot. And no last cigarette either, they don't deserve it.

What is it? Is it ironic? Is it a genuine wish for banality? I don't get it. I don't understand what he's getting at. Is he attacking rock star cliches? I've heard some of their other stuff and people who live in glasses houses shouldn't play powerchords, if you know what I mean.

It's a creative barren patch, it's a nihilistic smear, it's repetitive nonsense, it's actually quite offensive. I really, really don't like it.

Back