• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strike Force

Striker
Shameless plug yes, but I interviewed Rohan for my podcast and we spoke briefly about his trial at Southend. He basically said that he was initially offered around 3k a week which was then dramatically reduced by 60% a few days later. Just interesting to hear he was offered that much at the beginning - and begs the question, are we still paying big wages at the moment?

http://martinhines.com/2013/09/14/talking-and-listening-2-rohan-ricketts/ for all the information on how to listen, the Southend chat comes around 41 minutes

That is a lot of money for a player at league 2 level.

Thats the same amount that Alan Smith is earning at MK Dons.

My gut instinct tells me that £3k a week is porkies, there's no way we'd have offered that.....

That's what I'm thinking. Unless we did it to get his attention so he would agree to join our tour of Scotland, then change it so if he rejected we can just put it down to him "wanting more money".

Why does his wiki call him a striker when he's got less than a goal a year?

Back