• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
If everything we have heard or read about the current state of The Blues finances is true then it is time to stop pointing the finger and lift our butt cheeks from the cosy armchair and do something/anything to be of positive assitance to our club. Many suggest RM is guilty of mismanagement of the club and misleading of its supporters. I have no idea if that is true. What is true though, is that if the club were on its uppers and needed my support I would be there in a flash. If the pitch were covered with snow then fans would turn up to help clear it. If the East stand burnt down we would be there to help restore it. So if the club is broke we should be there to do what we can.
All the back-stabbing and name calling will do nothing to help. Which of us has not at some time in our lives painted our fortunes as somewhat rosier than they really are? Is it not true that it can be detrimental to be too honest about ones problems as our opponents use it as ammunition? We are one of a hoard of clubs that are feeling the pinch and I would hazard a guess and say there are others worse off than us! Whether you are pro RM or anti RM you have to accept one thing and that is he is better placed than us to see the whole picture and take whatever steps he feels is necessary. The best medicine often tastes so bad.
So come on everyone. Instead of venting anger at the club lets use the brain cells our god gave us to come up with solutions. This site has a hard core fan base as members and collectively we are capable getting to grips with any problem. I for one am going to start by e-mailing RM and telling him I am a supporter, and asking him to look to that support.

How about we all turn up on Fri night. That would be a good start.

Spot on.

The players, and the management staff need us there on Friday night trying to make a difference from the stands. We need to turn up in force, like we have done recently, and make it one of those memorable Roots Hall roars.

Come on Southend!

Back