• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Joolz

Coach⭐
A week or so ago (just before the Scunthorpe home game) I put up a topic about trying to generate a better atmosphere at the game.

Now, I'm not suggesting that my post, e-mails, texts, etc had any effect whatsoever, but the atmosphere was a lot better than of late (of course winning 3-0 always helps).    
wink.gif

One thing I noticed was the number of people who posted saying they don't sing because those around them don't. Well I thought I'd start a roll call as follows:

I, the undersigned, hereby solemnly declare to:

1. Sing, shout, swear at the linesman etc... as much as possible throughout the game, with the exception of the following songs (insert as appropriate)

Stand Up If You Love Southend - irritating.
We love you Southend - sounds like a kids nursery rhyme

2. Join in with all songs started by those around me.

3. Not start to moan when we don't go 1-0 up within 15 minutes.

I sit in the East Greens

Stand Up If You Love Southend may be irritating but it seems to be the only chant that people join in for...oh and Come On Southend when we get a corner. Id rather that than nothing. And yeah i agree to those terms but cant say where Im sitting coz Im gonna get me ticket when I drive up from bournemouth tomora

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Mar. 24 2006,14:02)]Stand Up If You Love Southend may be irritating but it seems to be the only chant that people join in for
I suppose you're right - I aways join in as well to be honest. I just hate myself afterwards.
smile.gif

I'm well up for singing but my seaso appears to be in the quietest block (I) in the South Upper! Plenty of noise is made either side, just wish it spilt over into my block.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Mar. 24 2006,14:02)]Stand Up If You Love Southend may be irritating but it seems to be the only chant that people join in for
I suppose you're right - I aways join in as well to be honest. I just hate myself afterwards.
smile.gif
I've just got my seven year old going on a regular basis and he does'nt like it when you stand up either because he cannot see a thing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Mar. 24 2006,14:12)]I'm well up for singing but my seaso appears to be in the quietest block (I) in the South Upper! Plenty of noise is made either side, just wish it spilt over into my block.
OK, my point exactly.

Anyone in South Upper Block I ready to help out HS?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Mar. 24 2006,14:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:04)]
[b said:
smile.gif
I've just got my seven year old going on a regular basis and he does'nt like it when you stand up either because he cannot see a thing!
Do I know you then?

Whats the matter with everyone, regardless of whether people in your block sing or not, grow some b******s, stand up and shout your f%&king lungs out...if you have to make a fool of yourself then so be it.

Trust me, they will soon join in when they see the passion in your eyes.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,14:17)]Whats the matter with everyone, regardless of whether people in your block sing or not, grow some b******s, stand up and shout your f%&king lungs out...if you have to make a fool of yourself the so be it.

wink.gif
Agreed, but it does help if you get a bit of backing.

Joolz your a hero mate....

I will join with every song going even if its just me and 7 year old behind me singing it.....

South Upper front row...By the South / East Corner.....

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,14:17)]Whats the matter with everyone, regardless of whether people in your block sing or not, grow some b******s, stand up and shout your f%&king lungs out...if you have to make a fool of yourself the so be it.

wink.gif
Indeed Joolz, but you will only get that if someone really shows true passion....

The question is, are you willing to stand up and be that man?

This is what we need in each block people, someone who to most people will refer to as a nutter.

Does anyone remember Northampton away in the league/play-off game (cant remember which one) when the geezer was running the whole length of the away end getting us lot going?...It certainly worked, thats what we need, people with b******s, poeple that dont care what others think of them, but most importantly people with outright passion for the blue and white of our club.

Lets do it tomorrow people, say to yourself for once, f%&k it i'm going to make a tw&t of myself if i have to, just to get this place rocking...

Lets show some b******s and lets show some bloody passion people, we are on the verge of something very special, BUT WE ALL NEED TO DO OUR BIT!!!...

I will be...

Anyone else?

rock.gif

My people. Tomorrow I want to see a lot of this

man-clapping.jpg

some of this

crowds%20cheering.jpg

add a bit of this

singing.gif

and loads of

cheering-jack-bw.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,14:25)]
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif
Indeed Joolz, but you will only get that if someone really shows true passion....

This is what we need in each block people, someone who to most people will refer to as a nutter.

Does anyone remember Northampton away in the league/play-off game (cant remember which one) when the geezer was running the whole length of the away end getting us lot going?...It certainly worked, thats what we need, people with b******s, poeple that dont care what others think of them, but most importantly people with outright passion for the blue and white of our club.

Lets do it tomorrow people, say to yourself for once, f%&k it i'm going to make a tw&t of myself if i have to, just to get this place rocking...

Lets show some b******s and lets show some bloody passion people, we are on the verge of something very special, BUT WE ALL NEED TO DO OUR BIT!!!...

I will be...

Anyone else?

rock.gif
Smiffy, ever considered a job in motivational speaking - I'm convinced!
smile.gif

To be honest, it's been along time since my 'nutter' days - I'm a lot more mellow at football matches now, as anyone who knows me will testify. I'm willing to 'dust of' the old attitude for the run in though - might need a few extra beers beforehand mind.

Theres a small group of people, including myself, sitting around me that regularly chant. Besides them though, it really is quite quiet...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:32)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif

I will be...

Anyone else?

rock.gif
smile.gif

To be honest, it's been along time since my 'nutter' days - I'm a lot more mellow at football matches now, as anyone who knows me will testify. I'm willing to 'dust of' the old attitude for the run in though - might need a few extra beers beforehand mind.
Exactly Joolz, your convinced because I am one of those who are willing to do all of the above and more, just to help our boys have that extra little something about them....

Look at somewhere like Galatasaray why are they so hard to beat, why are teams scared to play there (other than the murders etc)

Because the fans are passionate, they have b******s and they really dont care.

Now, The Hall will never be anywhere near as hostile as the Old Ali Sami Yen but we can all do our bit in making it OUR OWN little Ali Sami Yen cant we...

Come on, if you want Championship football next season, if you love this club, then f%&king stand up and be counted and show it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Mar. 24 2006,14:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Joolz @ Mar. 24 2006,14:32)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

wink.gif

I will be...

Anyone else?

rock.gif
smile.gif

Exactly Joolz, your convinced because I am one of those who are willing to do all of the above and more, just to help our boys have that extra little something about them....

Look at somewhere like Galatasaray why are they so hard to beat, why are teams scared to play there (other than the murders etc)

Because the fans are passionate, they have b******s and they really dont care.

Now, The Hall will never be anywhere near as hostile as the Old Ali Sami Yen but we can all do our bit in making it OUR OWN little Ali Sami Yen cant we...

Come on, if you want Championship football next season, if you love this club, then f%&king stand up and be counted and show it.
reckon a few flares and welcome to hell signs could change that!!

Back