• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I can't wait to get back into dirty habits,

Breakfast in cafe
Lunch-time in the Spread, chatting to old (in some cases very old) friends, listening to Geordie Chris' Wheels of Steel and sampling the odd burger at the pub's BBQ
Wander down to the ground to watch the start of a promotion-winning season
Back in the pub for post-match celebrations till late o'clock.

It's what football is all about.
C'mon you mighty Shrimpers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,12:14)]Wander down to the ground to watch the start of a promotion-winning season
Do you think Cheltenham will bounce straight back then?

Ken.  When I saw the title "Roll on Saturday" with your moniker I thought it would involve more food  than football & was I wrong?  Was I ****!!  
biggrin.gif

Hoolio
(Sponsor of the 2004/5 SUFC Lucky Gherkin)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,13:14)]Wander down to the ground to watch the start of a promotion-winning season
Only to realise in the next few weeks that this particular bit was wrong!

Or that's how it must have been over the past few seasons.

This season however...

... we can hope!

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ Aug. 02 2004,12:38)]Ken.  When I saw the title "Roll on Saturday" with your moniker I thought it would involve more food  than football & was I wrong?  Was I ****!!  
biggrin.gif

Hoolio
(Sponsor of the 2004/5 SUFC Lucky Gherkin)
You know me far too well.
Why let a small thing like football (the greatest entertainment in the world) interfere with eating !!

PS You can stick your real ale up yer bum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,12:46)]You can stick your real ale up yer bum.
I leave that sort of thing to the Great Slapheaded One. He's on a committee about it.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,13:14)]Wander down to the ground to watch the start of a promotion-winning season
Only to realise in the next few weeks that this particular bit was wrong!

Or that's how it must have been over the past few seasons.

This season however...

... we can hope!

COME ON YOU SHRIMPERS!
We normally hit our best form in November with the occasional back to back wins, which is good for novelty value!!!
wink.gif

Our first 6 games will be interesting and would like to see 10 or 12 points on the board by then!
smile.gif

Matchday ritual.

11am: Crawl out of bed with an old ripper snoring beside you fresh from Talk Bar the previous night.

11.30: Cab to Bar Vic drop her off at her place {usually clooner square or Shoebury}.

12.00: Walk in the bar to a round of applause from the chaps with chants of "for hes a jolley good fellow" ringing in my ears and a few back slaps.

12.05: Order a pint of Stella.

12.10: Go to the toilet, rock up a bit fat line of charile and snort like its going out of fashion.

12.12: Walk back into the bar feeling like a cross between John Travolta and The Fonz.

12.30 do aonther line talk some more sh*t.

13.00: Do anothe line talk even more sh*t.

13.29: Ditto.

14.00: Ditto.

1459: Walk to the ground hoping to bump into the country bumkins firm and give them a f**king good hiding.

15.05: Watch the game a bit.

15.25: Go down too the Grounsdmans arms and watch the game on the telly.

17.53: Stagger out of the ground back to town and sink some more turps and sniff some more charlie.

The rest will be a blur.

Next day

07.00: Wake up on the blue mattress sh*tting yourself about what happened the previous night.

THE END.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,12:14)]I can't wait to get back into dirty habits,

Breakfast in cafe
Lunch-time in the Spread, chatting to old (in some cases very old) friends, listening to Geordie Chris' Wheels of Steel and sampling the odd burger at the pub's BBQ

Am hoping Geordie Chris puts his speaker in a better place this year so that I don't fall into it and get asked to leave again!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 02 2004,13:15)]I look forward to running down to the bottom of the stand again to mob Gower after yet another wonder goal then realise that I'm 37 and about 24 years too old for such behaviour.  
laugh.gif
Your actions have been witnessed by those of us in the South Upper. On the grounds of decency I cannot post any of the comments said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Aug. 02 2004,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,12:14)]I can't wait to get back into dirty habits,

Breakfast in cafe

Am hoping Geordie Chris puts his speaker in a better place this year so that I don't fall into it and get asked to leave again!!!
You tend to get a nicer class of drunk in the Spread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ Aug. 02 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Miss Rees @ Aug. 02 2004,13:19)]
[b said:

Breakfast in cafe

You tend to get a nicer class of drunk in the Spread.
Why Thankyou!!

I may pop in Spread Eagle for Leeds Vs Derby (k/o at 12pm) on SKY Live, to see how Leeds get on in Championship.

Predi: Leeds 1-3 Derby

I did see Pauline (barmaid from the spread) out Friday night and she confirmed she would be "spreadin it" this Sat
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 02 2004,13:17)]Matchday ritual.

11am: Crawl out of bed with an old ripper snoring beside you fresh from Talk Bar the previous night.

11.30: Cab to Bar Vic drop her off at her place {usually clooner square or Shoebury}.

12.00: Walk in the bar to a round of applause from the chaps with chants of "for hes a jolley good fellow" ringing in my ears and a few back slaps.

12.05: Order a pint of Stella.

12.10: Go to the toilet, rock up a bit fat line of charile and snort like its going out of fashion.

12.12: Walk back into the bar feeling like a cross between John Travolta and The Fonz.

12.30 do aonther line talk some more sh*t.

13.00: Do anothe line talk even more sh*t.

13.29: Ditto.

14.00: Ditto.

1459: Walk to the ground hoping to bump into the country bumkins firm and give them a f**king good hiding.

15.05: Watch the game a bit.

15.25: Go down too the Grounsdmans arms and watch the game on the telly.

17.53: Stagger out of the ground back to town and sink some more turps and sniff some more charlie.

The rest will be a blur.

Next day

07.00: Wake up on the blue mattress sh*tting yourself about what happened the previous night.

THE END.
Boy have i been going to the footy with the wrong crowd!
Looking for any drink, snorting, footy partners?
cool.gif
laugh.gif

And the "matchday ritual" in Spain will be :

09:30 - Leap out of bed and proclaim to the rest of Jávea that "real football" has come back to haunt them for another nine months. None of this pretty boy La Liga sh*te. We're talking proper footy, people.

10:30 - Go for a swim in our pool under yet another blazing hot sun. Again. How droll.

12:00 - Start the "Chirinquito Run" from the port to the local. It's not as active as it might sound for a "chirinquito" is a beach-bar and there are six to pass by on the way to the bar. Yes, I must stop in them all. It is written.

13:15 - Watch Leeds United v Derby County in our local, taking the **** out of our resident Leeds fan (who almost topped himself at the end of last season) as the Rams do over the once-mighty and now-sh*tey Elland Road outfit ...

15:00 - Get all excited. It's an hour to kick-off back at Roots Hall. Order yet another caña and proclaim to the rest of the bar just how wise they might be to follow the "Way of the Shrimper".

16:00 - KICK-OFF!! Stare purposefully and intently at the ticker-screen on Sky Soccer Saturday, waiting impatiently for any news from Roots Hall. If we score, expect the mobile to leap across the bar as reports come in from the STC.

16:45(ish) - It's 32° outside but I don't care 'cos I live here! Order more cañas and encourage Leeds fan to swap allegiences. Take **** out of "Stoke City Paul" for supporting a sh*te team; he's momentarily stunned to be goaded by a Southend fan in amongst the group of Arsenal and Chelsea fans.

17:00(ish) - Second-half and it's back to the teleprinter. What's that? 5-0 to the mighty Shrimpers?!

17:50 - Crack open a bottle of bubbly to celebrate the opening day win. Pour "Stoke City Paul" a small glass to commiserate. Spend evening watching more football (Coventry City v Sunderland) and then listening to a bit of live music whilst taunting the now-morose "Stoke City Paul".

01:00 - Leave bar and do the "chirinquito run" in reverse.

03:00 - Have a couple of night-caps in the La Esquina bar.

04:30 - It's all over. Just nine months to go until summer.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Aug. 02 2004,23:10)]And the "matchday ritual" in Spain will be :

09:30 - Leap out of bed and proclaim to the rest of Jávea that "real football" has come back to haunt them for another nine months. None of this pretty boy La Liga sh*te. We're talking proper footy, people.

10:30 - Go for a swim in our pool under yet another blazing hot sun. Again. How droll.

12:00 - Start the "Chirinquito Run" from the port (EDITED on the grounds that it was winding me up too much  
ghostface.gif
)
WS
I have compared my (tedious and probably rainy) prospective Saturday with yours, and have come to the conclusion that you are indeed a cruel man. Have the midges arrived yet?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Aug. 02 2004,23:30)]I have compared my (tedious and probably rainy) prospective Saturday with yours, and have come to the conclusion that you are indeed a cruel man. Have the midges arrived yet?
Nope. But then the post have been somewhat erratic of late. They may well turn up with the consignment of "rat's figs" promised from a collection of upset post-modernist figurines in lower Manhattan ...

WS

Back