• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
This might seem a really stupid question, but here goes. I normally use my fountain pens for day to day use, and fond them extremely reliable etc.

However, I've also got a Rollerball for when I travel by plane and need to have something a bit nicer than a parker pen.

Because this doesn't get used so much, it has dried up, even though the refill is a large one (to fit a montblanc le grand) and cost a tenner. Is there any way to "kick start" these without buying another refill? I've tried googling but all responses seem to be about ballpoint pens.

Green (when I'm next at a computer) for any help.

Bin it. Time to move on. I had a really good papermate but in theend couldn't get any refills. The someone bought me a Cartier pen which looks great but is useless for writing. Finished up with Pilot G10's use em up and chuck em away.

Bin it. Time to move on. I had a really good papermate but in theend couldn't get any refills. The someone bought me a Cartier pen which looks great but is useless for writing. Finished up with Pilot G10's use em up and chuck em away.

No chance... I'd just buy another refill if I have to, but can't be arsed to travel fifteen miles to the nearest authorised dealer

Hi Martin. This is meant to work for Ballpoints or Rollerballs.
Good luck, TSNB.

1. Run tip under cold water. If dried up ink is clogging the tip, this could get things flowing again.
2. Lightly press pen on something (paper is best) and wait for it to start writing.
3. Tap the pen tip against a desk, or other hard surface. Put paper underneath so that you don't get ink all over. The ink may start to flow.
4. Warm up the pen. Leave it in a sunny windowsill for awhile or hold it under warm water.
5. Write on an eraser or other rubber surface. This may get the ball of the pen to move freely.
6. Shake the pen. Hold the back end of the pen, opposite the tip, and shake the pen like a thermometer. Sometimes air bubbles get into the ink cylinder, so shaking the ink down toward the tip
7. 9. Make a few dots. When something comes out make swirls to test.
8. If refill tube is full, remove tip and soak in alcohol .... this has fixed a BIC fine point pen that was ten years old.
9. Put pen(s) in a ziplock bag. Put it in a pot and make sure pens are laid flat in the water. Boil pen(s) in boiling water for about 3-5 mins. Take the ziplock bag out of the pot and let it cool. When pen(s) are cool enough to handle, take it out of the bag and forcefully dab pen(s) on a paper. After several dabs pen should work

Hi Martin. This is meant to work for Ballpoints or Rollerballs.
Good luck, TSNB.

1. Run tip under cold water. If dried up ink is clogging the tip, this could get things flowing again.
2. Lightly press pen on something (paper is best) and wait for it to start writing.
3. Tap the pen tip against a desk, or other hard surface. Put paper underneath so that you don't get ink all over. The ink may start to flow.
4. Warm up the pen. Leave it in a sunny windowsill for awhile or hold it under warm water.
5. Write on an eraser or other rubber surface. This may get the ball of the pen to move freely.
6. Shake the pen. Hold the back end of the pen, opposite the tip, and shake the pen like a thermometer. Sometimes air bubbles get into the ink cylinder, so shaking the ink down toward the tip
7. 9. Make a few dots. When something comes out make swirls to test.
8. If refill tube is full, remove tip and soak in alcohol .... this has fixed a BIC fine point pen that was ten years old.
9. Put pen(s) in a ziplock bag. Put it in a pot and make sure pens are laid flat in the water. Boil pen(s) in boiling water for about 3-5 mins. Take the ziplock bag out of the pot and let it cool. When pen(s) are cool enough to handle, take it out of the bag and forcefully dab pen(s) on a paper. After several dabs pen should work

Thanks mate will try some of those.

As said above, I have to use a roller pen or fountain pen for work (something to with the ink and not being able to erase it) and I have always placed it in warm water - hey presto works every time for me

As said above, I have to use a roller pen or fountain pen for work (something to with the ink and not being able to erase it) and I have always placed it in warm water - hey presto works every time for me

Thank you tinks

Back