• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roma 'penalty'

I didn't watch the match but Graham Poll is quoted in today's DM that Roma were denied a clear penalty when the Liverpool player handled in the box. I'm not querying whether it was a penalty - except to say I still think some referees haven't a clue about 'intent' - but he then goes on to say the defender only received a yellow card because it appeared the ball was going over the bar. What on earth did he mean? Am I missing something?

I didn't watch the match but Graham Poll is quoted in today's DM that Roma were denied a clear penalty when the Liverpool player handled in the box. I'm not querying whether it was a penalty - except to say I still think some referees haven't a clue about 'intent' - but he then goes on to say the defender only received a yellow card because it appeared the ball was going over the bar. What on earth did he mean? Am I missing something?
I’m guessing they meant he would only have been given a yellow as the original shot was going over when it hit his hand. At such short range it would have been harsh but you see them given.

Italians are kicking up a big fuss demanding VAR but worth pointing out that they had a penalty for handball in both legs which neither were ever a penalty, on top of a clear penalty they should have conceded for a two handed shove in the back in about the second minute last night.

If it's the incident it think then it was a penalty but Alexander-Arnold was not booked for it.

I see it now. Poll was saying that if the ref had awarded a penalty, it should only have been a yellow card. I'll go back to sleep.

Back