• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mohsniisgod

Hearing Roman-Michael Percil has left the club with Brown deciding to not offer him a contract.

Brown had stated that he did not think he could handle 46 games a season.. But he certainly impressed me, looked quick, skilful and could make things happen, albeit against non-league teams.

With Weston doing well up front, a winger is definitely needed and apparently Southend have lost the race to sign the League One winger Worrall.

I know funds are limited but should we have had a further look at RMP?

Hearing Roman-Michael Percil has left the club with Brown deciding to not offer him a contract.

Brown had stated that he did not think he could handle 46 games a season.. But he certainly impressed me, looked quick, skilful and could make things happen, albeit against non-league teams.

With Weston doing well up front, a winger is definitely needed and apparently Southend have lost the race to sign the League One winger Worrall.

3 things:

1. He played for Rotherham. They are now in the Championship

2. Where did you hear about Worrell?

3. Where did you hear about RMP?

3 things:

1. He played in League One last year.

2. It was a wide spread rumour and then was uncovered in the Echo, and Brown confirmed to me at the training ground that he is a player the club is interested in.

3. Roman Michael-Percil has been on trial in all pre-season games so far, shows your interest in the club...

3 things:

1. He played in League One last year.

2. It was a wide spread rumour and then was uncovered in the Echo, and Brown confirmed to me at the training ground that he is a player the club is interested in.

3. Roman Michael-Percil has been on trial in all pre-season games so far, shows your interest in the club...

3 things:

1. I know. Rotherham are now in the Championship. Making him a Championship player as we speak.

2. I am also aware of this. I read it in the Echo. I meant where did you hear about us "Losing The Race" to sign him?

3. I am ALSO fully aware of this. I have been to all the friendlies so far. I meant where did you hear Brown say that?

Oh, here's a few more things:

4. You clearly didn't read my reply properly and it takes an age to get through to you. Case closed.

5. You shouldn't post from the Football Rumours website, as i learnt myself. No-one on here likes it and its a bad idea. Half the stuff on there is wrong anyway! :thumbsup:

I understand David Worrall is in Essex, and will be signing in the next day or so.

I liked the look of RMP and hoped we would sign him. Can understand the reasons why Phil didn't though.

Was ok until he came up against stiffer opposition. One or the future perhaps but we need someone who can deliver now.

I think in terns of getting us promoted this year going the route of Fagan & yes please be true Worrall is more sensible
If PB is right and Fagan is fitter than he has seen him for years then its a bit difficult to look beyonf him to an unproven youngster- if we had a squad of 30 yes- one for the future. I am sure a club with with a bigger squad will take a punt on Percil.

RMP looked a fair way short of being able to cut it at our level I'm afraid.

Not according to the Echo.

However, Shrimpers boss Phil Brown hinted that decisions were close to being made and is expecting to add to his squad this week, with Rotherham United winger David Worrall still on his radar.

No, he was woeful against Braintree. He was a boy against men.

Agreed, he looked awful. he looked like an 8 year old thrown into a mens game for the first time.

Didn't see the other friendlies, so maybe he had an off day, but if you have off days when you are on trial then you can't expect a deal.

I found this recently: https://superhotspur.com/2021/03/30/my-interview-with-former-spurs-player-roman-michael-percil/

A paragraph or so on his trial with us and how it ended.

So in pre-season of the next season Iā€™d gone on trial at Southend and I did well there and I played Tottenham in a friendly, and the manager at the time who was Phil Brown said that he was going to sign me. The game was on a Thursday and I was told that I was going to be signed, and I left that meeting and I wasnā€™t happy and it was weird because I didnā€™t feel overjoyed as I had a weird feeling about it. Then there was another game on the Saturday against Braintree and come that game Phil Brown came to me and was telling me so many excuses like I havenā€™t got the budget, and I was just thinking thatā€™s a lie because Iā€™m at an age where I will take anything as I just want to play football. You could have given me a terrible deal and Iā€™d just have taken it just because I want to play, and so my thinking was that he had spoken to the aforementioned person and got a bad referral of me.

Phil Brown bringing out the "we don't have the budget" line.

Thatā€™s what I think happened to be quite honest because Iā€™d ripped up pre-season at Southend and I had done so well and all of the fans on the blogs were buzzing off me. So that could have been the only logical thing that could have happened, and since then I stopped playing football for a bit because my head was so gone with that and I thought that there was no point. Then eventually about two or three months later another agent got in contact with me and told me about going into the non-League, and to be honest it was probably the worst thing that I could have done at the time because I could have really gone on trial at other full-time teams and got something. But I just fell into the non-League bubble you could say and since then Iā€™ve literally been in that, so itā€™s been six years of that. So Iā€™ve played for loads of non-League clubs but Iā€™m at Haringey now and Iā€™m settled for the first time in like six years. I donā€™t really plan on moving now as Iā€™ve got a manager that understands me and my character, and how I am. And to be honest Iā€™ve worked out now that in football money doesnā€™t really matter to you much and you might as well just enjoy football and just play with a manager that appreciates you as a person first, and so Iā€™m happy with that.

This paragraph screams attitude. He's obviously not as good as he thinks he is otherwise he'd be signed by a league club

Back