• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Couple of weeks ago my new car was stolen whilst in a Romford car park,Timeline of events is as follows.

Approx times
5pm discovered car missing
505pm contacted the police
530pm went to Romford police station and waited and waited and waited
8pm eventually gave to details to an officer who was uninterested

Next day
9am phoned police and asked if they looked at cctv and was told they dont have resources

Few days later
Police phone me to say they are closing the file.

My 15k car in daylight can be nicked and the crooks who have probablly earnt decent money are allowed to get away with it,My insurers informed me there has been a spate of white Fiestas stolen .

Crooks maybe caught on camera yet authorities not bothered.

Ive had two cars stolen, the police cant do anything until its reported as abandoned. Unfortunately its not like they can drive around looking for it for you or even do a lot when its found.

The fact they didnt look at the CCTV is annoying though, Id probably raise a complaint about that.

The second car I had stolen was parked near Victoria Avenue when I worked there, I reported it stolen and my insurance company paid out within 2 weeks.

Never heard anything else until a year later when the police rang to ask me if I had found the car :stunned:

Another time my brother was crossing tarpots and a van hit him side on completely wrecking his car. The van then drove off. Now there were witnesses and the company name was on the van, a company in Canvey, yet the police couldnt trace it. Hardly needed Inspector Frost.

As a youth I once committed a drunken act of criminal damage in Rayleigh high street following an evening in the Pink Toothbrush.

Despite my best efforts to escape I was arrested within minutes and spent 24 hours in the cells at Rayleigh police station where I was questioned about every ram raiding incident within a 50 mile radius and repeatedly asked if I liked 'kicking things' by the CID.

I can't praise the professionalism of Essex Police highly enough and won't hear a bad word against them.

As a youth I once committed a drunken act of criminal damage in Rayleigh high street following an evening in the Pink Toothbrush.

Despite my best efforts to escape I was arrested within minutes and spent 24 hours in the cells at Rayleigh police station where I was questioned about every ram raiding incident within a 50 mile radius and repeatedly asked if I liked 'kicking things' by the CID.

I can't praise the professionalism of Essex Police highly enough and won't hear a bad word against them.

Crime figures in Rayleigh must have plummeted in the 24 hours you were in custody.

I am concerned that, with your obvious criminal tendencies, that you were released back into the community.

A friend of mine used to have an old Vauxhall Cavalier that he part exchanged for a very nice black Fiesta. The Cavalier was in such a bad way he had to roll it down Chalkwell Avenue to push start it. He took it to the garage, and got in the Fiesta and drove away before said garage realised.

About 6 months later the Police rang him and asked him if he was the owner of a white Cavalier [reg number here]. He explained that he had part ex'd it about 6 months ago, and (fearing the worst) asked the Police what the problem was. They said it had just been used as a getaway car in an armed robbery.

He laughed and told them that when he last saw the car it was in such a bad way the getaway driver would have had to leave a week early to make sure he got away on time.

They're too busy policing the hell hole that is Romford's high street **** heads in the evening.

Couple of weeks ago my new car was stolen whilst in a Romford car park,Timeline of events is as follows.

Approx times
5pm discovered car missing
505pm contacted the police
530pm went to Romford police station and waited and waited and waited
8pm eventually gave to details to an officer who was uninterested

Next day
9am phoned police and asked if they looked at cctv and was told they dont have resources

Few days later
Police phone me to say they are closing the file.

My 15k car in daylight can be nicked and the crooks who have probablly earnt decent money are allowed to get away with it,My insurers informed me there has been a spate of white Fiestas stolen .

Crooks maybe caught on camera yet authorities not bothered.

Why does none of this surprise me,oh yes i know,the law is a joke and the boys in blue are funnier.

Why does none of this surprise me,oh yes i know,the law is a joke and the boys in blue are funnier.
If you are referring to Cannon and Ball film Boys in Blue then I am going to have to ask the moderators to impose a lifetime ban.

15k Fiesta so must be fairly new. Most modern cars these days are stolen using the original keys (or duplicates of the original keys) as its now quite hard to hotwire a new car. It would be interesting to see from the CCTV how it was actually stolen.

As for the Police investigation nothing has changed then from when I first had a car stolen 25 years ago, that car was never seen again and as per Jam Man they contacted me a year later to see if the case could now be closed. Had another car stolen about 20 years ago that was recovered, but the Police were not interested in any investigation. They didn't have the resources back then and probably have even less resources now to investigate such crimes.

The crooks used either an iphone or laptop to copy the keycodes once they have this info the keys can be copied so i have been told.

The car was stolen to order and was probably shipped abroad netting this gang several grand for doing very little.

Meanwhile my premium has increased through no fault of my own and no doubt the total loss will be passed onto other policies as well.

This gang are possibly making 6 figure sums in 12 months and the police were not interested in maybe seeing the culprits on cctv.

What the **** are you lot on? Iphones or laptops to get key codes, fiestas stolen to order, no action until vehicle reported as abandoned, tell me, how many of you are police officers? Hold on, actually I'll settle for anyone who works on an Essex Police vehicle recovery scheme. Anyone...........? Come on, don't be shy....................Ah, just me then is it?

As long as the vehicle isn't deadlocked then I will be able to get into it using either a pumpbag and wire or a tibby key. Anyone can get these off the web from several sites locally without checks. You can also pop locks on a majority of vehicles by powering up from the back lights with a power probe, just pop into Halfords and buy one for under £20. A phillips head screwdriver and one power probe and off you go. Once in, the average car thief will then rip out the steering cowling remove the ignition cover and start the motor with anything stronger than a finger nail. It's that simple.

Fiesta's are the most stolen vehicle in the country for two reasons, the parts are always in demand and there are more fiesta's on the road than any other car. It is a complete myth that they are being shipped out of the country to order.

And finally, once a vehicle has been reported stolen it is added to a flag list which ANPR's (Automatic Number Plate Readers) can pick up in seconds. And since Essex Police has had to make cuts like everyone else, almost all their vehicles are fitted with ANPR, not just Traffic Division which is why we can't ****ing move in our depot for recovered stolen vehicles. And you can add the three I picked up last night to the list.

On a slightly different note, a bloke at work left his card in our yard, also at Romford, with the key in it - about 10 years ago. Some guy just walked in and drove it way, even though there were plenty of people about. He only realised when he went to go home and it wasnt there. He reported it missing. About a month later he got a call from the Police. Car found in a car park in Docklands. Nothing stolen, keys in it.
They caught the guy who knicked it but he had so many pending convictions it wasn't worth pressing charges. Apparently he had just taken it for a drive.

Romford wouldn't be Essex police anyhow as it's in Laaahhhdnnnn so it'd be the Met.

What the **** are you lot on? Iphones or laptops to get key codes, fiestas stolen to order, no action until vehicle reported as abandoned, tell me, how many of you are police officers? Hold on, actually I'll settle for anyone who works on an Essex Police vehicle recovery scheme. Anyone...........? Come on, don't be shy....................Ah, just me then is it?

As long as the vehicle isn't deadlocked then I will be able to get into it using either a pumpbag and wire or a tibby key. Anyone can get these off the web from several sites locally without checks. You can also pop locks on a majority of vehicles by powering up from the back lights with a power probe, just pop into Halfords and buy one for under £20. A phillips head screwdriver and one power probe and off you go. Once in, the average car thief will then rip out the steering cowling remove the ignition cover and start the motor with anything stronger than a finger nail. It's that simple.

Fiesta's are the most stolen vehicle in the country for two reasons, the parts are always in demand and there are more fiesta's on the road than any other car. It is a complete myth that they are being shipped out of the country to order.

And finally, once a vehicle has been reported stolen it is added to a flag list which ANPR's (Automatic Number Plate Readers) can pick up in seconds. And since Essex Police has had to make cuts like everyone else, almost all their vehicles are fitted with ANPR, not just Traffic Division which is why we can't ****ing move in our depot for recovered stolen vehicles. And you can add the three I picked up last night to the list.

Couple of points in response,

Where i parked there were plenty of fiestas yet mine was the only white 3 door titanium,My insurers told me these particular cars were being targeted,Would it be stolen for spares when as you rightly say fiestas are common or the criminals want these cars to sell on thus netting them more cash without stripping down the car.

On friday evening i went to my works party where we meet other staff which we never see,During a conversation with a lady she told me her white fiesta was stolen so she replaced it with another white fiesta which was promptly stolen from her drive.

Your theory of stealing these cars i cannot argue with,I had been informed they use iphones or laptops .

Back