• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron’s Latest Statement (24/9/20)

Terrible admission time, I sped read this first time through and when I read the part about Harry Lennon I thought Ron had totally gone off beam calling Harry ********!! I re-read it properly and now I understand it was me that was totally off beam for thinking that. Mind you, using that word was a bit odd I thought.

It really was a strange word to use.

Thanks Ron for the update which is appreciated but you fail to mention how you are going to pay the tax bill please give fans some hope

Classic Ron waffle ha gotta love him !
He has us constantly on the edge of our seats with signings, managers, CEO's, paying the taxman, paying the decorators, the groundsman, you name it. I just hope he pulls it off this time, everyone gets paid and SUFC live on with a few more signings and a boring season mid table that the fans didnt get to see.
But this is Southend and its always a drama !

Indeed it does read like that :-) but it difficult to take too seriously a few people socially distancing outside the gate chanting. Rigsby did a very decent job of explaining why and that a separate discussion elsewhere.

Rather at least we got another statement, he’s done a longer interview on BBC Essex which we can judge after we hear it, and he has shared some positive news in that JD is in contention for Sat, Lennon maybe on the bench, Acqua now added to the squad offering a target, and mention of more news on a potential squad addition tomorrow. And Akinola training well so hopefully included sooner rather than later.

Apologies to all as I know my glass tends very much to being half full but I still think we will be ok this season even if we must do it the hard way.
It shows Ron has a dry sense of humour.. it’s like when there’s turbulence you look at the cabin crew to see if they’re panicking. Ron isn’t, so nor am I. I’m not worried how he gets the taxman off his back but I’m confident he will. He has numerous times before.
On the field Ron can’t control but he’ll be working hard to get MM what he needs. JD’s inclusion and Acquah, should he start, gives us another couple of cards to play on Sat. If we lose and Bolton, Oldham and Grimsby get off the mark, well .. it makes every game harder and harder. A couple of wins and a few new signings and the mood could change quickly. These will be a crucial few weeks.

Patronising as ever, he really needs to get someone media savvy to write these for him. He should also take heed of the ‘little and often’ advice.

Ron again crowbars in Molesley's team of 6, but the club has only announced Molesley, Tom Prodomo and Sam Hall (the latter not actually announced with any press statement but appears on the website).

Separately the Echo have also announced Prodomo's brother but that still leaves a further two unaccounted for. Someone reported that we have a new Head of Recruitment but they've all been working so hard Ron hasn't had a chance to learn their names - despite the months of due diligence over naming a new manager and all his staff. Maybe Ron's saving that up his sleeve for next week's newsletter or maybe that's what the digs at the boy Phillips is about?

Given that we have got to go to court again I assume Ron is fairly hamstringed in
terms of what he can say in detail at this stage. He is attempting to be reassuring and if he does pull off regular contact I applaud that as a rare recent step forward by Ron who was put off in the past for some understandable reasons.
Im not gullible but actually thought that was a fairly positive piece, although like everyone else am still staring , unfortunately at a fairly naked King, because the elephant in the room still needs more to be said and only causes more annoyance if ignored

It
Ron again crowbars in Molesley's team of 6, but the club has only announced Molesley, Tom Prodomo and Sam Hall (the latter not actually announced with any press statement but appears on the website).

Separately the Echo have also announced Prodomo's brother but that still leaves a further two unaccounted for. Someone reported that we have a new Head of Recruitment but they've all been working so hard Ron hasn't had a chance to learn their names - despite the months of due diligence over naming a new manager and all his staff. Maybe Ron's saving that up his sleeve for next week's newsletter or maybe that's what the digs at the boy Phillips is about?

Doesn't help when the 'who's who' section of the club website isn't updated either. It's great that Kevin Maher was finally swapped out for Craig Fagan, but he's listed as U21 Manager when we don't have an U21 team. Also still listing Roger Cross as Head of Recruitment and he left a while back. He's been replaced with one of MM's men. You wouldn't mind not getting updates when new staff come in so much if the website was kept up-to-date. Just comes across as shoddy and unprofessional.

They could be highly expert tax lawyers ?.. I’d thought he was bringing Tom and Joe Prodomo with him and two analysts..Hall would count as one of those.

I'd rather hear from him every month with some actual news, rather than a weekly waffle done to appease everyone. I think it's totally disrespectful to the club's loyal fanbase.

Back