• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron’s Latest Statement (24/9/20)

Just listened to the interview on BBC Essex. Much better than the statement on the website. If he genuinely wants to improve communication then this is the way to do it, with someone else being able to dictate partly where the discussion goes with the line if questioning rather than a written statement which can sometimes come across as propaganda. That being said, I think he could have been pushed more on where the money is coming from after his assertion that the HMRC debt would be discharged.

Last edited:
Just listened to the interview on BBC Essex. Much better than the statement on the website. If he genuinely wants to improve communication then this is the way to do it, with someone else being able to dictate partly where the discussion goes rather than a written statement. That being said, I think he could have been pushed more on where the money is coming from after his assertion that the HMRC debt would be discharged.
I imagine the money will come from one of his property companies, like it has done so many times in the past. I haven’t heard the interview but this was hinted at in the BBC Essex tweet as well.

Not one in an SUFC shirt will play better because of a protest when they arrive. Clubs who have protested well have made their point then entered the ground and given full support to the team......But that can't happen on Saturday.

If I was part of the Morecambe set up, I would be saying lets give those lot something to moan about....Make sure you get stuck in first 5, rattle them and they will lose what little confidence they have.

Last edited:
That would result in HMRC getting no money, why would they want the order carried out?

Because if the debt is accruing faster than payments on account then they have a duty “to protect the public purse”

That’s not my words that is that is the rule / yardstick that they apply

Just listened to the interview on BBC Essex. Much better than the statement on the website. If he genuinely wants to improve communication then this is the way to do it, with someone else being able to dictate partly where the discussion goes with the line if questioning rather than a written statement which can sometimes come across as propaganda. That being said, I think he could have been pushed more on where the money is coming from after his assertion that the HMRC debt would be discharged.
He does say that the parent company is "asset rich" so it is "easy" to raise the funds if needed. Still a bit ambiguous but gives an idea of where the money is coming from

Because if the debt is accruing faster than payments on account then they have a duty “to protect the public purse”

That’s not my words that is that is the rule / yardstick that they apply
This is true- but overlooked is they will also look at future ability to pay and hence HMRC previously specifically referencing the FF/RH development. SBC and Homes England have probably provided some supporting statement. Nonetheless the pre agreed part payment might be designed to stop the debt growing further.

He does say that the parent company is "asset rich" so it is "easy" to raise the funds if needed. Still a bit ambiguous but gives an idea of where the money is coming from
We all know he is talking about RH and FF. He could probably raise funds but suspect it would be disadvantageous to do so prior to planning- risk premium/onerous terms required by the lender, giving up part of the investment or similar. And after planning he might not have to borrow the money at all. It’s all timing as we have always known

Not sure if the Echo has a headline for the latest statement, but they could use "Crisis what crisis?"
If it's not infringing on copyright, that Supertramp album of the same name, could have Ron's face supplanted on the guy in the deck chair.

Attachments

• cover_394311852016_r.jpg
    cover_394311852016_r.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 10
Ron has never really talked money to that degree, and quite frankly what businessman would about their company.

I wouldnt tell my clients the financial ins and outs of my company, would you?
In the spiritual sense, it's not his company.
It's a football club, the heart and soul of around 6,000 fans who care passionately.
Actually, he does have to file a company's report, so in that sense he does have to talk money.

In the spiritual sense, it's not his company.
It's a football club, the heart and soul of around 6,000 fans who care passionately.
Actually, he does have to file a company's report, so in that sense he does have to talk money.
Totally agree,
But he doesnt have to reveal he has a swiss account with hmrc bailout cash in.

He's gone through so much of this, he seems to be the master of shifting money around and waiting till the last second. I usually dont worry, but this part payment and covid is obviously a different scenario and is very concerning.

I’m honestly not worried Ron will find the cash and/or keep the wolves away. Maybe that makes me naive, but I don’t see who else is going to help us in the middle of council negotiations, a global pandemic and nobody knowing when crowds might return to football. What do the anti Ron brigade suggest, that he sells up? Now? Without knowing for sure the real situation.. because people are just guessing/assuming/coming up with “worst case” .. like someone else said whatever Ron says will be wrong to some.

Is there now any point to having a protest? Perhaps the 'RON OUT' banners, changed to 'KEEP THE FANS INFORMED.' The main news that we were all concerned about is that the HMRC debt will be sorted, and the club will survive. Some of you won't like this bit...thanks to Ron. If he walks out, the club folds, and we become a phoenix club. That's not what a sane football fan would want. As I said before, he's made some massive mistakes, but in this current climate, with no monies coming into the club, it's very difficult. And yes, it's his fault there is about to be a protest, as he didn't tell us what's going on at the club, the difficulties he and the club are having, and that money would be available to discharge the debt and save the club. Most clubs Championship and downwards are heavily in debt, it's a wider issue of how clubs are run and players salaries that clubs can't really afford, that needs to be sorted by the powers that be in general. I'm quite happy tho, as the main thing is SUFC will survive. I'm now sorting out my protest banner for the two unhelpful councils. Which one shall I start with, Rochford or Southend? Hhmm.

The parent company South Eastern Leisure UK limited has negative net assets according to its last filed accounts. That is its debts are greater than its assets.

I can't believe that people are so accepting of this. We are the laughing stock of the football league and on the brink of going out of business.

Maybe he will find the money and maybe he won't, but in my view we have reached the point where the Trust should actively pursue facilitating a change of ownership as their main objective.

Is there now any point to having a protest? Perhaps the 'RON OUT' banners, changed to 'KEEP THE FANS INFORMED.' The main news that we were all concerned about is that the HMRC debt will be sorted, and the club will survive. Some of you won't like this bit...thanks to Ron. If he walks out, the club folds, and we become a phoenix club. That's not what a sane football fan would want. As I said before, he's made some massive mistakes, but in this current climate, with no monies coming into the club, it's very difficult. And yes, it's his fault there is about to be a protest, as he didn't tell us what's going on at the club, the difficulties he and the club are having, and that money would be available to discharge the debt and save the club. Most clubs Championship and downwards are heavily in debt, it's a wider issue of how clubs are run and players salaries that clubs can't really afford, that needs to be sorted by the powers that be in general. I'm quite happy tho, as the main thing is SUFC will survive. I'm now sorting out my protest banner for the two unhelpful councils. Which one shall I start with, Rochford or Southend? Hhmm.

Ron has obviously not offered RDC planning councillors enough of a bung.

Back